water have gone!! (update)!!!

edited August 2012 in Labor
Went in Defo my waters, been sent home only at 1 cm dilated. Will update if anything changes.

Well its 2:20am in UK, and my waters went an hour ago, just knew something wasn't right, any advice would be very grateful as its my first baby. Xx

Comments

• How far along are you? Is the water just clear?
  • Good luck!!!
  • I have no advice because I haven't gone through it yet either! But good luck!! :)
  • Yeh its clear I am 39 weeks today x
  • Good Luck :D
  • stay home as LONG AS POSSIBLE! hahaha, being stuck at the hospital sucks, especially when they hook you up you probably wont be able to move around.
  • If it's clear & you're that far along then you're fine lol. I was worried you were early. Labor should start soon! :) Congrats!
  • Eat! Once you get to the hospital you will most likely only get ice!
  • Good luck girl! So exciting! And to think everyone said "you'll go late with your first!" For me it was only 1 hr 46 min over my dd ;) . Good luck again update with pics when little one is here!
  • Omg woo hoo!!!! Try to stay active =) gl hun update when you can
  • @devins_mommy Thats is soo true you can barely move once they hook you up specially if you want an epidural.
  • @star1990 Good luck hun, don't let the doctors control your delivery and labor process remember it's all you! %%- Stay calm also getting stressed and worked up only makes it worse, believe me..
  • So water broke but your only 1 cm dilated??
  • @rjr33 Yeh what's confusing? We don't get checked in UK at all until in labor is was early stages that was at 9am its now 8:40pm just waiting it out in house. X
  • Oh idk! I have never gone into labor. I didn't know your water can break and you not be dilated further along. I have just been thinking oh when my water breaks I'll know am going into labor and would be having her soon after lol. I should do some reading! I am scared I won't know when labor starts.
  • @rjr33 I was exactly the same I thought waters break, straight in have baby lol. But nope booked in for Wednesday to have him, like that's the latest when I go in I have to be put on antibiotics cause its been over 18 hours since my waters went so I don't get an infection. Just waiting on contractions to become regular so I can go back in hopefully be told am further on lol x
  • @star1990, I would go to the dr if your water actually broke. If it is a small leak i woild still call or call your on call dr. If you have a leak you can get an infection. Even if you are 39 weeks
  • I have been to the hospital they checked me I was 1cm dilated full effaced. I know I can get an infection, booked in for wed at latest to have him, if you haven't had baby after 18 hours you get put onto antibiotics when you go in. X @jodi102011
  • Ok i am glad they checked you
  • They didn't keep you? Here they do. My water broke at 5cm and I wasn't sent home and I hadn't changed in 5 days.
  • Over here if they can send you home they do. The less time we're in, the less money they spend on you. And as the nhs is funded and we don't pay insurance it's kinda all about the costs. It sucks a bit but they keep you in if they need to and won't usually put mum or baby in trouble. Fingers crossed you get to meet your little bundle soon and spend as little time in hospital as possible. Good luck x
  • I always thought baby needed to be both within 24 hrs of water breaking!