crib

edited August 2012 in Equipment & Supplies
My daughter keeps getting her knee stuck in the rungs of her crib after she wakes up in the morning or naps...anything i can get or do to prevent this? It hurts her a lot when she does it but she wont stop.

Comments

• @mom2ing she has a bumper. She tries to stand on it to get out of her crib
  • edited August 2012
    Get her the breathable bumpers, they collapse if baby tries to stand on them.
  • The ones I have collapse down too but when she tries to stand on them she wedges her knee. @mijita
  • Gawd, hopefully she'll grow out of it soon. I wish I had some suggestions.
  • You could buy fabric that is kind thick but u like :) , then cut it into long strips the length of the crib and enough to tie at the ends and intertwine through the bars! That way it will all be covered and she won't be able to raise her foot high enough to step on it to force it down.. I don't know that's all I could think of and what I would try if I was you.. But I know it might sound weird...
  • My lo kept doing that so I bought her a baby sleep bag. This eliminates the need for blankets or quilt and means she doesn't get stuck anymore x
  • I would buy her the regular bumpers for the edges of the crib, get ones that are stronger deffinitely not ones that have the ability to fall down if she steps on them, it only makes it easier for her to play with the rungs of the crib. How old is your lo?
  • @jules thats sounds cute and like a good idea. @cheryl74 shes going through this this phase where she wakes up almost every time you put her in her crib so idk how I'd work that. @aishamusa shes 14 months old
  • As above, you put them in the sleep bag before they're asleep. I love having them because Florence moves a lot through the night and I worry she will end up under a quilt or blanket. Xxx
  • McKinley used to do that. It's not a lot of fun, so she learned pretty quickly to not do it.
  • Thanks lol.. But do u always put her to sleep then put her in her crib? Just because with my daughter when she's tired we put her down on there with little snuffy and her toy that plays music she turns over as soon as we lay her down and goes right to sleep. Maybe she's thinking she's sleeping with u and when u put her down she's worried so doesn't want to go back to sleep so she's standing up to look for you :)
  • @Jules if I don't put her to sleep first she just screams bloody murder until I pick her up again
  • Oh that must be very hard.. If it was me rather then letting her cry until she figures our how to sit down I would start teaching her to fall asleep on her own. It takes time and patients and routine. But works and so worth it for you and baby!
  • @jules i would love to but I don't even know where to begin
  • Well u start with good bed time routine. For Scarlett we do dinner at 6 then bath, then we let her play around and read to her she then after 7 drinks a bottle and watched baby video and when we see she's tired we go put her down. I just give her a paci, small blanket she just like snuggles with it and I turn on her toy which plays calm music for 10 minutes. Which she's always already asleep before that. But this is what u need to do. Let her cry for 5 minutes then go in there put the paci back in say good night again. It let's them know it's ok then walk away. Give another 5 minutes if she's still crying do it again. Next time make it 10 minutes. She will fall asleep at some point. Now every baby is different and with Scarlett this only took one night next night she just went right to sleep. But it usually takes 3 nights.
  • Okay but here's my problem...my lo doesn't take a paci and never has @Jules
  • I see well do the same without it. My lo never cared for it and doesn't really like it not either she only takes it to help her go to sleep but she always takes it out anyways. I would just still try everything without the Paci from my experience I can say it really works and so worth it.