health / diet ques.

edited August 2012 in Health
My friend is starting this new diet tomorrow and its a 28 day program. And day 1-10 is a 'cleanse' somethin like that, but I was wondering what are other ways to 'cleanse' your body. I want to get rid of all these nasty stuff in my body, I just feel gross.

Plus the program shes doing is 169$ ouch!

Comments

• Juice fasting or mono-dieting. That's only raw fruits & veggies or their juices for a period of time. For salad dressing during the mono diet you can use a little olive oil and lemon.
  • I have been thinking of doing a detox...
  • Detoxing is a wonderful way to rid the body of toxins consumed through diet and the environment. It helps our liver and gastrointestinal react work more efficiently, thus we feel more revived and energized. The problem is remaining in that state. The minute you eat any processed foods, you've mooted the purpose of the detox in the first place. It's almost impossible to stay detoxed because of the environment we live in.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited August 2012
    I have very little experience with detoxing, although its great for the immune system. It depends what level of detoxing you want to accomplish and how (i.e. diet, fasting, GI cleansing, etc.).

I would recommend doing a little research and deciding which route you want to take. Once you decide, seek a professional, who is certified and experienced. Most will give you a free consultation. Go prepared and ask a lot of questions, don't commit but instead do more research. You'll know if it's right for you.

It's important to ask how you can continue healthy habits to reap the best benefits of the detox.

There are many fresh juicing detox that I've heard great things about. Sorry, I'm not much help in this area.

@gatorbob
  • Check out the movie fat sick and nearly dead. Its on netflix. It's all about juicing detox.