back to the crib help I want sex tonight

edited August 2012 in Pregnant
So the other night when I tried to get my baby to sleep in his crib his dad couldn't take it and made me give in.

Well i'm trying again.he is very upset and crying. My question is how long do I let him cry? Do I console him?

Comments

• I went in every 5-10minutes rubbed her back gave her her binki and left. I didnt talk to her or pick her up. The first night it was about 2hrs of this.
  • The other night it lated one and a half hours and his dad came in right when he laid down and took him out. @mordeebee thank youi'm glad to hear two hours is normal
  • Honestly I could care less if he didn't sleep through the night.
  • Did the nights get better?
  • So i'm sitting in his room next to his crib and he's not crying... Just waiting for him to fall asleep'... Please let him just give me a couple hours
  • My son when he's with his daddy he sleeps with him, so when he comes home he sleeps in his crib so the first few days all he did was cry, the first night he cried for 2 1/2 hours!! He just wanted me to cuddle him to sleep, but I can't sleep with him, he moves to much.
  • i put gias crib in my room the first week was very hard and stressful,the 2nd week got a lil better,now were on the 3rd wk and she puts herself to bed and wakes up maybe once,hopefully nexy wk shell be sleeping thru thr night again.if she cries ilet her for a few minutes then let her know im there if she's hysterical i pick her up sooth her and put her back,once i feel shes 100% ill move her crib back in her room.it gets better btw shes 10 months & would only sleep in her swing till she climbed out a few wks ago and i said no more now she wont even nap in her swing
  • He's been asleep now for twenty minutes yay!!!!
  • When I did this with my daughter I would let her cry for 5 minutes then go in rub her back then come back in another 5 minutes then make it 10 if need be. My daughter always falls asleep fast though and to Sleep all the way through the night it only took 2 nights. It sounds like ur Lo is catching on pretty well too!
  • I want to try this but I think my bf is going to give in and go get her out her crib
  • I always rock Jack to sleep then last him down. He's been sleeping in his crib since he was 2 Weeks old tho. Every now and then I bring him to my bed
  • @newmomma13 that's my problem. He finally fell asleep after 30mins. However he woke in the night and his dad brought him to bed. I'm trying to get him asleep now.