7 months to live

edited August 2012 in VENT (keep it peaceful!)
I was told that's all my dad gots. My dad never really been n my life untill he got old. So basically when he's fun was over n the streets. He started coming around. He's sick and basically he needs help but I can't take care of him I have a 9 month 3wk old baby. one bed room house. I can berly handle my son I feel bad but there's nothing I can do but vist him. my sister is helping him Fr time to time. He has valley fever and other problems do Fr drugs when he use to party. Idk but I'm I wrong or mean. I know u only get one mom one dad but Idk

Comments

• I say try to be in his life as much as you can. You dont want to regret it later on and life is extremely short.
  • I agree with mommylovessparkle you will most likely regret it if you dont try to make his last days happy you know.. Forget what happened wouldnt u want ur hildren to forgive you for ur mistakes and just love u until you pass.
  • @mommylovessparkle
    @salasmommy
    I totally agree with u guys for got to mention he lives 45mins away so that's also tuff but, I well try what I can do
  • Ty ladies
  • edited August 2012
    Doctors can't time your life span ..they can't determine death or birth of new life since their not the creator I hope he doesn't believe that's all the time he has left. Doctors love to have control over things, even if it's impossible. Just like a doctor telling my mother she can't walk because of her Lymphedema and that she should walk around with a cane or get a scooter to ride in. Well that was a year ago and my mother has been walking perfectly fine since a month after she got out of Rehabilitation. ... Just tell him to keep trying and keep strong and to do everything in his power to have everything under control with his health..
  • Seeing you, even if you can only make off once a week will make him stronger and more willing to fight! Keep visiting, if he really doesn't have long you still regret not seeing him. I struggle with the thought of this. Me and my dad have had a very dysfunctional relationship until 3 years ago when I took the decision to completely break off all contact. I didn't want him in and out of my sons life as he was with mine. I still struggle with the thought of him approaching me to tell me he is dying or something. I don't know what I would do and this is how guilty he still to do this day makes me feel. You are so brave to let your Dad back in, and I hope he enjoys the time he has left getting to know you and his grandson. Just try and enjoy it sweetie x
  • I agree with what everyone else said!
  • Since he wasnt in ur life, im sure he understands. Make all the effort u can to see him. Maybe every friday or saturday, pick a day so he has something to look forward to every week. Just something i would do. No one knows ur situation and relationship w him like u do. Do what ur comfortable w. Its a crummy situation to b in for everyone.
  • Thanks ladies