sleeping disorders?

edited August 2012 in Sleep
My niece is eleven months old. She fights her sleep every day. Then when she does sleep its only for a few hours. She sleeps about eight hours a day! Is this normal? My sister in law has taken her to the Dr and he keeps telling her is normal. But I don't think that's normal, she wakes up at four in the morning and takes a nap again until two in the afternoon and only for an hour or thirty minutes. What do you all think?

Comments

• How many hours of sleep does she get a night?
  • Like six hours. She goes to bed around 10 pm then by 4am she's up playing. Then she takes like two more naps during the day but only 30 minutes or an hour long.
  • Ooh. I think at a year they should be taking 1 decent nap per day. My kids have always gone to need by 8pm and were up by 6am. My oldest now goes to bed around 9 pm and up around 7am...he's 4 tho. At a yr he'd take 1 one-two hour nap. All kids are different and maybe she should talk to the ped if she's concerned
  • edited August 2012
    @sands3 @BlessedTXMom My son is 13 months and he sleeps from 10pm-9am. Then takes a nap from 12 pm-2 pm then another nap from 5 pm to 7 pm. But then again I love to sleep a lot too lol. I know babies are different but I think that my niece is not getting enough rest for her age. My sister in law is going to get a second opinion. Oh and i forgot to mention my niece was a premie.
  • She's def not getting enough sleep
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.