So tired of trying to see a midwife

With all the crap that's happening with medicaid, yesterday I thought I would at least get to see a midwife considering I'm 37 weeks. I had to wait in a line to register with the office, fill out tons of paperwork, and then wait for an hour for an appt for the 31st! Uh...I should be seen every week!!! I'll be 39 1/2 weeks at that appt! I have yet to be tested for GBS..so antibiotics are inevitable now. What if I develop Pre-E all of a sudden? I even asked the receptionist WHY I wasn't being seen weekly, and of course she didn't have an answer. All she could tell me was ”If anything happens just go to L&D” -__- My mom seems to think they are refusing me care since I switched.midwives, but I'm not sure. I'm so tired of trying to get care this pregnancy..all I want is to just be seen. I don't care if it's just for 5 mins!! When it comes time to deliver, and I get a rude ass nurse, they won't want me as their patient!!!

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ^^^^^Agree. It seems like they are trying to "punish" you gor switching. I'm upset for you!
  • @MrsStanley_xs2 yeah that's what my mom seems to think as well. The office was empty, so I don't know why id have to wait 2 1/2 weeks to be seen.
  • @mama_kat I had to register through the administrator first..so I don't think they could do anything for me.
  • Ugh that's just ridiculous. Heck I have to go in at least once a week now! So many things could go wrong (not wishing that on you one bit, mind you) and how will they know if they "can't see you?? So frustrating!
  • @mama_kat wow you are on a patient injustice mission today! :-D love it!
  • I'm so sorry they're putting you through this it's totally insane!
  • @MrsStanley_xs2 exactly! I could develop pre-e or high blood pressure, OR the baby could be in distress, and the only way to find out would be with a NST! But no..her answer everything was ”Just go to L&D” UGH!! I could of just slapped her lol
  • When my nurses kept telling me that instead of calling my doctor I said FINE and waddled my happy self down and what do you know? Dilated to a 4 and had super high blood pressure! Needless to say my doc was not happy with them. Sometimes I think the grouchy hateful ones need to search out a different career instead of ond dealing with women that would cut them and get off scott free. Lol