2 different possible due dates

edited August 2012 in Third Trimester
Hi ladies! Hope everyone has had a good week sp far.

So.. I'm one of those avid period trackers so I ALWAYS know when I had my period. I also avidly track when I have sex. I use the mydays app so I just mark it in there. Well when I got pregnant according to my dates my due date is Sept 14. When I got my first ultrasound at 12-13 weeks pregnant it measured the baby and set due date for Sept. 28th.

So my question.. for ladies that thought they knew their exact due date but had it changed due to ultrasound measurements, when did your LO come? Closer to.what you thought or closer to the ultrasound predicted date?

Comments

• Whoa...a 2 week difference?! It may change again at your 20 week appt, but doc's usually use the 1st day of your last period as the beginning of the 40 weeks. (I'm sure you know this. :) )
  • @misskristin Im currently either 34 weeks (ultrasound) or 36 weeks (period). My 20 week ultrasound gave a date right in the middle.of the two. He used my period date, then changed after first ultrasound. So Ive seen 3 different dates. Its like a guessing game.
  • With my daughter they started off going by lmp which put me at 8 weeks pregnant when I found out I was pregnant. I knew for a fact 1000% this was wrong since my husband was only home from deployment about 5-6 weeks when I found out I was pregnant. Needless so say I was right.
  • edited August 2012
    @morgdeebee why wouldn't they listen to you since you knew for absolute sure? I could have gotten pregnant at conception time for either date. We did it on both of the possible conception dates.
  • @1stwoodsbaby Hm...I mean people do ovulate late, but when did you test positive? It isn't common (at least in my experience) to get a positive hpt any sooner than 9 dpo.
  • I dunno the first doctor I went to would not listen when I told her it wasn't right, I had my period like a week in a half before my husband came home. The second doctor listened and scheduled an ultrasound absurd was right.

I would say be ready by the 14th just in case but done get alarmed if he doesn't come till later.
  • My original due date was sept 28th then changed to oct 4th...had her sept 27th(:
  • @misskristin I didnt take a test until I was around 8 weeks pregnant. I had no idea.

@MorgDeeBee oh Im ready at any time and fine with either date.. just curious to see how it turned out for other ladies. We have everything ready for our LO so we are just waiting for the arrival.
  • @firsttimemommy0928 oh wow! Why did they change your due date?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • First was my lmp that faithfully has come on the 27th since ice started and the second was based on ultrasound
  • @mama_kat it seems babies tend to come around the first set date. And not many babies ever come on their set date, youre son is a rare example!
  • @firsttimemommy0928 oh ok. My period has always been very faithful to show up when my app says it will, so im leaning more towards the first date being correct.
  • @1stwoodsbaby The 20 week ultrasound is fairly accurate for a suggested dd. If baby was still measuring for the second dd then, I would say there is a good chance that one is right since it isn't just a few days, but two whole weeks. Will your doctor be peeking at baby again anytime soon?
  • @misskristin I wish, but no. :( he will only do late ultrasounds if there is a medical need to. We are ready regardless of when he comes. Im just being curious as to how it worked out for others.
  • @mama_kat aw that would be awesome. Im sooo waiting for your gender ultrasound. How much longer??
  • From tracking due September 23, ultrasound October 1st. Birthdate October 2nd. I was induced however with high bp. She was 6lb 10oz so I believe I truly ovulated late or twice and my ultrasound due date was more accurate.
  • I had regular periods and obvious signs of ovulation cycle day 11 just like every month. She somehow was created cycle day 24 with no signs what so ever.
  • @mrs4c oh me, so guess its definitely possible that my ultrasound date is right.
  • It is possible. I was so confused untill she came. I was in complete denial that the October date was even possible. she was planned too and around the time she was conceived we bd only once that week for 3 minutes lol. Two weeks prior, there was a lot of bd.
  • @mama_Kat cant wait to find out!
  • I got different dates to but my dr went by my lmp.
  • With my daughter i knee exactly the date of my lmp and i had calculated my due date. Needless to say the ultrasound and my due date were almost an exact match, but i always ovulate later in my cycle. I feel it and both pregnancies i know when i conceived. Mines around cd21. Just something ive always noticed.
  • I also track on my days but I had long cycles so I really didn't have a clue. My dd from lmp was may 22 but u/s showed dd of june 5. He was both june 6 146am
  • I would believe your body times more then an estimation from the doc.. The docs told me I was due Jul 5th but my ovulation periods don't come til the middle of the month and that's when im so sure I got preggo sure enough I had my baby Jul 18th ... You know your body and it's cycles more then anyone else obviously... Plus it's supposed to be 9 whole months before baby comes..
  • edited August 2012
    Their estimations are good though because at least you get a round about time slot..