Vitamins

edited August 2012 in Babies Health
What type of vitamins would you give your one year old? Our doctor prescribed some but my daughter hates them!

Comments

• I don't know...I was told that u shouldn't give them until 2.. but I guess just a gummy multivitamin made for kids. Maybe if its in a candy like form the kid will like it better :)
  • @kayleigh27 I'm going to look into that, thanks!
  • walmarr has them I think but I know GNC has a bigger selection of kid friendly vitamins
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • May I ask why he prescribed them? Do you have a picky eater, a FTT infant, etc.

You can totally tell me none of my business and I'll understand. :)
  • Don't do gummie vitamins, they're full of sugar and really bad for your kids teeth. A chewable that dissolves is much better.
  • My Dr said just the drops until she's 2
  • @Homebirthadvocate I'm going to look into those, thanks!
    @Mijita Not sure, didn't really question her.
    @starrxoxo9 Do your drops taste really bitter? I tried them and hated them so I really don't blame my baby for spitting it out.
  • Idk I've never tasted them lol. I actually haven't gotten any since Tessa just went off formula a few weeks ago. I keep forgetting lol bad mommy. I'm sure she'll hate them so I'll probably just mix it into a little juice or something lol.
  • @starrxoxo9 LOL! If it's the same one juice won't help. I gave them to her for like two days and stopped BAD mommy too! Oh well I'll have to discuss with the doctor on our next visit.
  • I think as long as they're eating a balanced diet the vitamins aren't really crucial lol
  • I give my lo vitamins, but he's extremely picky. He went from not wanting to eat anything at all, to barely eating all day, and I don't want to force him. The vitamins don't taste bad at all :)
  • @EricaK22 oooo which vitamins do you give him?
  • The enfamil ones. They are liquid.