Visit to my MIL ended with a migraine!

We were over at my MIL house and my SIL and their family are living there until they save enough to find a house. Not saying anything is wrong with that but her two kids are TERRIBLE! they're ages 5 and 3 and the 5 yr old is rude as all get out. She takes the toys my daughter is playing with,is rough with her, snatches anything you are looking at out of your hand, and patted my stomach yesterday and said while laughing "it looks like you are having another baby!" I just ignored her. The 3 yr old constantly throws tantrums because all he wants to do is eat junk food and screams when he doesn't get it. Granted he is just a toddler so its normal to act that way. But he pushes my daughter. Throws toys at her and slaps her in the face. He even kicked me in the back yesterday HARD! and all the mother was doing was just sitting there either on the phone or just sitting there not saying anything but "stop" in a nonchalant kind of way. While my MIL and FIL were the ones trying to calm the kids and putting them in timeout. Towords the end I started to tell the 3 yr old things especially when he threw one of those weighted diving rings u throw in the pool at me while I was holding my 3 month old! And almost kicking my daughter in the face during one of his tantrums. I'm not saying to beat the kids but hey a little more disapline than just sitting on the couch talking on the phone the whole time leaving the grandparents(who are looking frazzled by it) to do it rather than just let your kids run wild would be good.

Comments

• I used to watch my neighbors almost 3 yr old. He would constantly push Jack over and grab toys from him. Thank God Friday was my last day watching him and it was by far the worst day. Everytime Jack went for a toy, he'd grab it, so I started taking a toy he brought over and give it to Jack. He'd get so mad! I told him if he can't share his toys, then my boys won't share theirs. I sent him to time out about 4 times. I told his mom about it and all she said was..he has a sharing problem. Well duh! And she has the nerve to fuss at my 4 yr old everytime we go there. It pisses me of cuz I say something to him, then she still gets involved while her kid his running around and being horrible to my baby. I hate people who can't control their own kid but want to try to control mine. No, my 4 yr old is not perfect, he doesn't listen very well sometimes but at least I discipline him. Sorry for the long vent...kinda went off your subject.
  • @sands3 no I completely agree with you! My 1.5 yr old isn't always on good behavior but once she starts doing stuff like that its timeout or shes getting a talking to. I just feel bad for the MIL and FIL who have had to deal with this for the past 3 wks. I was trying to drag my feet going over there today because the last couple of times we have gone those kids have been a mess.
  • You should try and nicely talk to her about it or just say something to the kids since she won't.
  • Wow...if my nephews or nieces ever hit me or my kids I'd be pissed. I'd start yelling and making the biggest deal about how they act EVERYTIME I went there. Tell your sil or whatever she is that if she doesn't get everything under control you'll start video recording them hitting, kicking and throwing things and you'll turn the videos over to cps. Also say that if they hurt your kids, you can call the police, make a report and file a suit for assault. I understand if the kids were playing and it was an accident, but clearly they are intentionally mean. Mean kids turn into mean adults...