when to start cutting down on bottle feedings?

edited August 2012 in Food
My son will be 11 months on the 29th of this month and right now he gets 4 bottles a day.

This is hos schedule

8oz Bottle at 6am
Breakfast 830-9 (depending when he's officially up)
Nap at 10:30am
5-6oz Bottle at 12pm
Lunch 1-1:30pm
Snack inbetween 2-4
Nap 4pm
5-6oz Bottle 5pm
Dinner 6:30
Maybe somesnacks
9 pm bottle 5-7oz
Then bed time 9:30

When is it a good time to cut down on bottle feeding? because he's now starting not to finish his 12-5pm bottle sometimes. He also drinks water out of a sippy cup during the day

Comments

• My lo is 11 1/2 months and I just cut him down to 2 8oz bottles a day, sometimes 3. My first son was completely off formula when he turned 1, my 11 1/2 old also gets whole milk once a day :) hope this helps, I know everyone is different
  • edited August 2012
    @proudmother1009 My son get Goat and formula half half each bottle. What times do u give you sons the 2 bottles? Yes this is giving me more of an idea when is good.
  • Jack is 9 months and gets 3-4 4oz cups during the day and 2 6oz bottles first thing in the morning and right before bed
  • I usually feed him around 830a rice cereal and fruit mix then around noon he gets a bottle then baby food around 3 then whatever I cook for dinner then the other one before he goes to bed
  • Florence is 10 months old and has 7 oz in the morning and a 9 oz one at night. She also has about 9 oz of water through the day x
  • edited August 2012
    I cut wayyy down during the 11th month. By the time Tessa turned one (August 5th), we were down to a bedtime bottle only. Today is one whole week with no bottles!! The first 2 nights were rough, but now she doesn't even notice :)
  • Well Scarlett is little over 8 months but she only does 3 or 4 4oz bottles in the day and then she has juice water throughout the day as well.
  • @Jules
    @starrxoxo9
    @Cheryl74
    @proudmother100
    @sands3
    Thank you ladies I apprecitate your response it gave me really good idea on how I ill change his feeding schedule
  • @sands3 what kind of cups do you use? Madison's has too many parts and i havent been giving her formula in a cup because i'm semi lazy :-S
  • @Kimberly4411 he uses Nuk. He won't use anything else really
  • I took away morning bottle at 11 months and just fed her breakfast right away when she got up. Then 12 months I took away both nap bottles. She is 12.5 months and I'm slowly cutting down on bed bottle
  • @2600wifey thank you for responding

Am going to start by taking his 5pm bottle away and just give him dinner at that time with water (we are not much of juice drinkers ) hope it goes well.