My 4yr old RAN AWAY

edited August 2012 in Parenting
I caught my son and 2 nephews riding bikes in the street and i started taking the bikes. My nephew took my neices bike and ran away, he's 7. My 4yr old was mad and decided he was going with. I tried chasing them afrer craming the other 3 in the stroller. They were too fast. The ran to my sisters house, nephews house and got another bike. She lives by interstate 80. They rode through the neighborhood and we couldnt find them anywhere, my aunt went by car while i waited back at the house. They showed back up an hour later laughing cause we couldnt find them. He's only doing it because my nephew, who is adhd bipolar and psychotic and was out of his meds, was doing it. But this whole attitude and shit is starting to stick. Idk what to do anymore. I was 1min away from calling the police. I had a panic attack and my chest and upper back still hurts a little. Im at my wits end with my 4yo. How do you even discipline this? I took his bike away, until his birthday. He's not allowed outside without ME. And right now hes writing "I will not run away." 25 times. Is this reasonable? Harsh? Not enough?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @thehumancrockpot i dont believe in using belts bur he did get a hand on the butt and one on the mouth for his attitude.
  • @Mama_kat if i call the cops they'll call dcfs cause around here they're assholes. And his bike is gone til November 8th ATLEAST cause he's grounded indefinitely.
  • To be honest, I had a similar problem... not running away but my son was being influenced by his older cousin to do bad 4 years old also... I took his cousin away lol we do not go visit them nor are they allowed to visit us. If were are at a birthday or family event my child is not allowed to play with/be around his cousin. It sucks that it has to be that way but it's better than what may happen if he is allowed to be influenced by his cousin. On a side note my 5 yr old is not allowed out with me or his father... EVER. Never has been and probably Wong be allowed to until he is 12. We live in a very nice, safe community but there are physcos every where. I don't trust anyone when it comes to my kids.
  • @second_time_mommy7 our neighbor is ALWAYS out front and nice so the kids sometimes play out front or theyre locked in the back yard
  • @mama_kat it really pisses me off. I feel like im going easy on him but he's only 4. He does what he sees. My nephew once had every officer in the county looking for him. He was found on a train trying to go to chicago.
  • My 5 yr old told me he was going to run away one day while we were in the car driving on a holiday. I pulled over and opened his door and told him to get out. Needless to say you could not pry his fingers off the seatbelt or get him out the door but not once has he said it again lol.