is my baby gonna be ok?

edited August 2012 in Third Trimester
Yesterday baby wasn't responding well to the nst so they did an ultrasound and she got a 6/8 on the biometric score. She wasn't practicing breathing I guess.. So they kept me over night and she began to perk up after some iv fluids and oxygen. Does anyone know what it means exactly?? Is she going to have something wrong with her? I go in tomorrow for another nst to see how she is doing. Then they will go from there I am almost 37 weeks.

Comments

• edited August 2012
    Yes, I'm sure baby will be fine. :) I had the same thing happen at 34 weeks, but my baby wasn't moving..that's why I went to L&D. Since your already full term, and when they run the tests again tomorrow, and if the same happens again, they'd probably go ahead and induce you..and baby would probably get oxygen. I'm sure she's just not ready since she's not practicing breathing yet. Try to get some rest, and not stress about it :)
  • I went thru that with my son. I had to go weekly for the us and if he didn't pass I would go to l & d.. Your baby will be fine.. My son is 9 months no problem! :)
  • @EricaK22 I am scared they will want to induce me. I am off to my appointment now. I hope she passes!

@Starlilly did they end up inducing you?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @EricaK22 @Starlilly @thehumancrockpot @bexiewexie @coltensmamma

Everything went good! Baby was lazy at first but I had some juice and she started moving around. Next nst is Thursday. Maybe my baby is just lazy lol. I feel alot better.
  • I had to do the biometric thingy today cuz my little one has been lazy. Thought of you. :-) got an 8/8. And she is practicing breathing. Darn lazy babies. Lol. Good luck with the rest of your baby cooking
  • It's summer; we're all lazy! ;-)
  • It was going to be 38 weeks, but since he was being lazy my doctor pushed it back to 2 days before my due date! He wasn't practicing breathing either.. Some weeks he would pass and others he didn't and I had to go to l & d.. But in the end he was healthy! But out does weigh on your mind. It's hard to not stress, cause that's your baby. Just be postive! She'll be ok! Hugs :)