So unprofessional!

After my thyroid biopsy yesterday I went to my regular dr for a bladder infection I've been fighting. Well there was some new dr there that saw me.

He said because there was some blood & protein in my urine (NORMAL for a bladder infection!) that I need to come back & get rechecked because those can be possible signs of kidney stones, kidney disease or bladder cancer.

WTF! You don't just tell someone that if you don't know! You tell them to come back after the first round of antibiotics so they can make sure it's gone...THEN if it's not you say we need more testing or something.

I asked when I should come back & he said when you feel better & you're not on your period..in about a month. WTF! The antibiotics he gave me are only for 7 days, I TOLD HIM I'm on my period (hence thee BLOOD in my urine sample), & is he even a dr?! He tells me to come back in a month...& says when I'm not on my period?! Does he not know menstruation occurs monthly?!

Bladder cancer...omfg...you don't scare someone with that when they simply present with a bladder infection.

Ok, rant over. Lol

Comments

• @mijita You should get a kick out of this lol
  • Oh my, u gotta just wonder about some doctors. Hope all's well. Feel better.
  • Yeah i think some drs are missing brain cells, lol. I would be extremely upset.
  • *disclaimer, I don't normally use the f word, in the above cases I was saying "freak" where the f would go, not that that makes it any better, but I just don't want anyone thinking I use the f word. Lolololol
  • Then he said when I come back "when I'm feeling better" (even the receptionist who made my appt thought that was retarded) I can just go to a lab for the urine sample. Then changes his mind & says I should come there so he can discuss the results with me. He had to be new our something. Lol
  • Sometimes I just want to punch some of these doctors right in the face! Sorry just had to say it lol! Some of them need to get their #&$: straight and actually know what they are doing! They are dealing with people lives and their health!
  • Wow, he was having an off day -- at least I hope he was!

While working in the oncology unit, I had to collaborate with the physicians and nurses in order to provide what was best for our patients. Sometimes we lose sight that they are human and to be human is to err. Yes, they are the professionals, but even they get stumped or succumb to exhaustion and stress.

I'm betting your doc was trying to do too much at once, which is very unfair to you. I hope you're feeling better and not too sore today. I can't wait for things to turn around for you!
  • Wow..how unprofessional!