Erggg..get over it!

This is not to offend any single parent!

My best friend just had a baby a few months ago and his sperm donor isnt anywhere to be found, changed his phone number and doesnt contact her at all about the baby or to try to see him. So she filed for child support and all that. But she just keeps dwelling on the fact that hes not around! She lives with her mom sister brother in law and nieces and nephew so she has alot of help. Yes i understand that it is harder when the babys father isnt around but i dont think she should keep complaining and dwelling on how she needs help and how she cant do it on her own and how she gets up with the baby every night and how she is working all the time just to take care of them both. Blah blah blah complain complain. Yes it is hard being a parent and being a single parent is even harder. But seriously! Get your head out of that scumbags ass and start seeing the good in how much love and support you have around you and that beautiful baby boy that you have! Sheeesh! Ok vent over :)

Comments

• @blessedTXMom she does have alot of help but she doesnt seem to notice or be thankful for it because it isnt from her babys father.
  • It seems like the ones that get a lot of help complain that they don't get any.
  • i think in time she will overcome his absence,its just very fresh to her.every woman dreams of having a 2 parent home.she probably just feels cheated out of that.
  • @MyBamBina28 @pregojenn Yes that may be but she knew that when she first found out she was pregnant that he wasnt going to stick around. she didnt find out she was pregnant til about 20 weeks and he wanted her to get an abortion. He also left her while she was pregnant but he did go up to the hospital the day after he was born...to bad his "friend" was sending him naked pictues while he was there...he ended up walking home from the hospital. But its crazy so me that after all he has put her through she still wants him around. She is with another guy now and if they are together he helps her by carrying the carseat and holding him and he also has a 2 year old of his own full time. It just drives me kinda nuts cause she acts like she has no help at all just because his father isnt around but everyone is helping!
  • hes obviously a scumbag ,her & her son deserve more,she definitely should be grateful that she has such a great support system.ive been lucky to have the support from dh & our fam but i think if i didn't have the support of dh id be bitter too because its his responsibility not my family's.BUT i wouldn't complain day in & day out if it was out of my control.a new baby is a blessing & i would rather put all ny time in enjoying this new life ive created rather than dwelling on someone else's pure ignorance.
  • My husband is around and I'm still always the one getting up at night and bright early with the boys. He helps when its convenient for him. I hope she soon realizes she does have help and let's go if that a$$ of a bd!
  • I was just going to suggest what @Mom2ING said. Sounds like she could be feeling very down. Although she may seem ungrateful I am sure she isn't. Just try and get her involved in activities with your little ones maybe, she has to build a life for her and her little one now and this could be feeling very overwhelming as I'm sure she planned on there being three of them
  • My boyfriend and i split when my son was a month old and i moved out with my son and we went to my moms. He wasnt around while we were seperated. So i do know what its like for a childs father to not be around, not to mention my own father not being around so i have a few different ways to look at it.
  • He told her when they found out that he didnt want him so i know shes upset it and everything but i guess i just wish she would appreciate her son more and stop complaining that his father isnt around to help everytime the baby cries.
  • everybody copes differently
  • I agree with @mom2ing. Just as everyone copes with physical pain differently. I suspect she has a severe case of PPD going on. She needs people to continue to support and be there for her. I am surrounded by people that love and help me, but feel extremely alone even with that. PPD is a monster.