poor baby :(

edited August 2012 in Health
My baby girl who is not 8 1/2 months is not feeling so good. She had little fever yesterday then by late last night she was at 102. Then this morning it was at 103.6.. After some Tylenol it's starting to go down little. But the hardest part is her nose is running and she's having hard time sleeping because of it. I feel so bad. Please pray she will get better soon :(..

Comments

• You can use a nasal spray to clear her nose.

Prayers coming your way.......
  • Thank you @ynvtish I have been doing that it is very helpful. she sure doesn't like it though. I don't blame her I wouldn't want someone all up in my nose lol.
  • edited August 2012
    The Snot Sucker was the best investment I ever made. It helps clear the nasal cavity for longer periods, which I found helped my LO be more comfortable.

When fever is that high, most Dr.'s suggest alternating tylenol and ibuprofen to bring down fevers. I hope your baby girl feels better soon!
  • I'm just gonna say! Fevers are good. The more you give medication to drop the fever, the longer it will take for her body to rid itself of whatever illness she has. It probably doesn't apply to every case, but earlier this week my Corri had a temp of 103.3. I let her nap and gave warm baths to make her more comfortable. Then that night I used a heavy blanket to cover her lower half. That was the last we saw of her fever. I hate medicine and how drowsy it makes my daughter.
  • I have a weird kid..he laughs when I suction the boogies out of his nose. I hope she gets to feeling better soon!
  • @mijita oh yes I have one I love it. It really helps as makes it so much easier and faster so that makes her happy. She actually like that part sometimes. And she is already getting much better. My sister is a PA so it sure comes on handy having doc in the family :).
  • @fate well my sister said the Medicine has nothing to do with the cold, virus itself it just helps her rid of the symptoms which is good since that's the hardest part for all of us is being uncomfortable. But as far as medicine I'm kinda the same way I try to personally avoid it. Especially pain killers since it's not the best for your liver.
  • @sands3 lol that's cute. she doesn't laugh but like enjoys it. For some reason I think she finds it relaxing just the same with when we clean her ears.
  • The fever is what helps get rid of the virus. It means her immune system snapped into action. The medicine lowers the fever, making it harder for your child's immune system to fight back, so it does have a bit to do with the medicine, in a chain reaction sort of way. When there is a fever that won't break swiftly (1-2 days), I prefer Ibuprofen over Tylenol. :)
  • Prays for ur baby girl. I always feel so stressed when my kiddos get fevers. Hopefully she'll feel better soon.
  • @fate, here is a little support to your claim. :)

Fever - Myths Versus Facts
    http://www.childrenscolorado.org/wellness/at_home/fever/fever_myths.aspx
  • @Mijita Thank you hun! Excellent info!