The period from H.E.Double hockey sticks! (TMI)

edited August 2012 in Health
This is getting on my last nerve! It's the first period since my 14 week mc. The first 4 days were like normal...then it started to go end, mine usually last about that long.

Then I'm standing in the kitchen & felt blood pouring out of me, went to the bathroom & my pad & pants were soaked & it was dripping in the toilet.

Finally a huge clot came out. The bleeding slowed down but I've been bleeding ever since...like a normal period. So I started 2 weeks ago...still bleeding!

I never have periods this long. Anyone have this happen to them? Idk if I should be concerned or if it's normal. Btw, I went about 3 weeks without bleeding at all between the mc & first period.

@captivated @mom2ing @homebirthadvocate @bahamamama4828 @rtmommy @mijita @ANYONE!

Comments

• @blessedtxmom I hope I don't have to do that. :/ I hate taking meds & birth control.
  • I bled for about 3 weeks straight after my last mc and ended up having a d&c for retained tissue. Hopefully your super long period was just giving you a good cleanout. Hope it stops soon. If not, may want to see your OB about solutions. :/
  • I've heard of vengeful menstruation after a miscarriage, but that is about the extent of my knowledge. Sorry I can't be of more help. Are you feeling better, has the flow tapered?
  • I would have your OBGYN check up on everything, just to ensure all is well in there!
  • Yeah, it's slowing down finally, I just hope it stays slowed down lol. I had an us that showed I hadn't retained anything. :/

Thanks everyone.