my baby hair???

edited September 2012 in Pregnant
Alanah hair has become so dry. Im sure its from the water here. My hair would do the same thing if i didnt use conditioner. But is there a baby conditioner i can get for her? I have used mine twice on her and have already noticed a difference. Any input will help

Comments

• Maybe try baby oil gel?
  • I saw at target the other day that Johnson and Johnson makes a conditioner, I'm not sure if its meant for babies, but its gotta be better than our stuff.
  • Yeah Johnsons definitely do a baby conditioner and I'm sure you can get other brands x
  • How old is she? Just use your shampoo and conditioner. I do on Haylee. Also towels are bad for your hair and they pull out all the moisture that conditioners put in. My LO has dry skin as well so I use a receiving blanket go wrap her up and dry her skin and hair.

Johnson and Johnson also makes a conditioner its in a big blue bottle. I use my own shampoo conditioner on Haylee. It smells like strawberries so ahe still smells like a little baby.

Johnson and Johnson also makes a leave-in conditioner.

Try this... Wash and condition then dry with a receiving blanket. Apply some baby lotion on the hair while its still a little damp because the hair cuticles are are still up and you can trap additional moisture in there before they dry up and close. You also want to braid or put little hair in a ponytail ... Leaving the hair down dries out thr hair.

I notice that baby oil heats up in the sun and will run into the face.

What I use on my LO is. Combination of stuff. I like to use thick lotion because it doesn't have as much water in it. I usually use Palmers stretch mark cream on her hair... LOL yea I do it sounds a little weird, but its the only lotion that I have found to give her hair the most moisture and it smells delicious too.
  • edited September 2012
    @WyattsMommy let me reword it. Its not "bad" but terriclothes pull moisture from your hair as they are designed to dry the hair and skin.

Try it... Wash your hair and dry it with a Tshirt and you can see the differents. It does wonder for curly hair styles too.

Sorry... "Bad" wasn't a good choice of words.
  • @YNVTish; I think having babies make us at a loss for words. I too didn't know towels were not ideal for drying your hair. I wonder if that's my problem. Gonna have to investigate.
  • edited September 2012
    @mijita Google it.. LOL. Towels can damage the cuticles. If you use one you dont want to rub... You should dab the hair or place on it and squeeze. Best things to use are tshirts tho.

Try it!
  • @YNVTish; definitely going to try it! Thanks for the tip!
  • Thanks ladies!
  • @ynvtish do you have shirts that you've bought just to dry your hair?
  • @ynvtish I'm totally trying this. I don't rub my hair but I do use one of those towels that is made to wrap your head. I wish I would have known this earlier I would have got done big t shirts at savers 50% off sale!
  • @Steph_Due_101611 .. after 4 kids I have a big collection of receiving blankets and I "usually" dry my hair with the ones my LO doesn't use.

My honey has millions of Tshirts and I've took about 10 of them and cut the arms off of them and I use them.

@Leviluv8 .. Other tricks for more moisture is to condition your hair or your LOs and rinse it with cool water. The cuticles close up and trap some of he conditioner in it.

Also... AS SOON AS you get out the shower you can either lotion and let your hair dry up or attend to your hair as soon as you get out and let you skin dry.

Pick your hair... LOL

No seriously as soon as you get out.. sap your hair, add some gloss serum. If your trying to wear it straight... comb, section, twist and pin it up until you get dress. Then only take each section down one by one to dry it.

Keep them pinned smooths your cuticles and you'll notice your hair will appear more straighter then ever when you blow dry and flat iron it.

For my LO I do the same... I do blow dry it but I add moisture and put it up. But for her ... I have to attend to her akin first. LOL
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • California Baby makes a baby conditioner. They sell it at target. It's about $10 a bottle.
  • You can just use baby oil after every bath for about a week or two after then it should just naturally get rid of the dryness..