morning sickness

edited September 2012 in First Trimester
Here I am 8 weeks 4 days and still a week and 2 days from my apt. I am miserable .. I cant stand being this sick all the time. I called they told me to take unisom and b6 ... I cant take unisom im tired enough as it is ill never make it through a work day.. Im scared to death there is going to be something wrong.. I have seen a couple girls on here have no heart beat and I have wanted this baby so long .. Ugh here come the tears..

Anyway what are some tips to deAl with the sickness..
Is the sickness a good or bad sign?
And to any of yoy who have either miscarried or had no heart beat did you have morning sickness

Comments

• edited September 2012
    I had a MC and an ectopic and with both I experienced MS. It's the increase in pregnancy hormones that cause it. It's a good sign for many and can be misleading for some. If your MS is getting worse, then that's most likely a good sign.

I know how difficult it is to be optimistic when confirmation is pending, but try and relax. You'll always find something to worry about, even when all is well.

Take a deep breath and relax. *Hugs*
  • Maybe try snacking on apple's thru out the day. That worked for me anyhow. I hooey u feel better soon. Usually it's a good sign.
  • Mine has been getting worse.. Im to the point now getting out of bed is a chore. I had to sleep from the time I got off of work til this morning cause I can't handle it.. My husband brought me food and I had about four bites. I know I will worry after.. everything scares me.. I wish I could just enjoy this pregnancy.. My sister is pregnant and she seems so laid back.. @mijita but thank you for answering :)
  • @homebirthadvocate usually says ginger... I can'trcan'remember what it was. I'm sure she canned help. ;)
  • Lol sorry about that ^ stupid phone.
  • @mommyof3girls my problem is when I'm hungry I'm hungry right now lol and I can't cook anything or by the time it's done I don't want it.. Nothing sounds good... and it has to sound good or I gag and get sick to try and eat it lol I'm weird I know
  • And when do cravings start cause I have had some weird combinations and I'm not that far along
  • Morning sickness really sucks but hopefully it will end for u around the 2nd tri. I think cravings can start anytime. Try not to let ur stomach get too empty because I have found that's when ms would hit the worst. Everyone's different. Try things out and see if u can find what works for u.
  • edited September 2012
    I worried all through my pregnancy, even after confirmation. I had it dead set in my mind that I would never meet my little girl. She was such a quiet baby and it drove me nuts. I just got off the pill and I'm already worrying about things that haven't happened -- it's scary.

There is such a wide array of women here, so you get to hear the common and not so common idiosyncrasies associated with pregnancy. Reality all too close and it's scary. My point... try not to worry so much and enjoy the ”gifts” that pending motherhood brings. :p
  • @mommyof3girls thank you I will try somethings out

@mijita I will try to not worry it's just so hard that is exactly how I feel ill never meet this precious baby..

my husband tells me it will be okay..I just wish he understood where all of my worries come from.. I wish he understood how sick I really am. Its so hard I love him so much just wish he understood why I don't want to have sex lol
  • Lol! Can you imagine if men had hormonal changes that women do? Oh gawd! Have you ever been around a sick man?!?! I think God knew exactly what he was doing, lol.

Buy your hubby the book, ”What to expect when expecting,” or something similar. He may get a better understanding of what is happening to you.
  • With my daughter I had morning sickness since before I found out till I was almost 20 weeks. The only thing that helped was jolly ranchers of something I could suck on.
  • I ate chocolate chip ice cream and was cured
  • Tell your hubby it feels like having been awake for 3 days, having the flu, a hangover, indigestion, constipation, gas pains & a migraine 24/7 for at least 3 months straight. Then just say "any questions?"
    Ha ha
    Lol :)
  • @mijita sick men are complete helpless babies lol
  • Oh I'm the queen of ms. I had it all 40 weeks, lucky me. Lol. Sour stuff helped, from under ripe oranges, to preggo pops, to sour skittles. Also, I kept soda crackers by my bed and would have a handful before even MOVING, ginger ale (flat for me) periodically throughout the day also helped. I really hope this helps. Ms sucks!!
  • I guess I should be grateful for not having ms! Especially after hearing about your sickness @natashalynn! Poor thing!
  • Thanks @proudmother1009 you were definitely a lucky duck! It was awful, I could barely move without throwing up, went to the hospital twice for dehydration, tore my stomach lining and started puking blood clots. When people ask me if McKinley is going to have a sibling, that's the first thing I think of lol
  • Ha thank you ladies.. This is horrible im going to call the Dr again today..
  • Ask to have zofran its a life saver, with my pregnancy i lost 20 lbs, pregly pops and soda crackers and as much as it sucks always try to have a full stomach.