Update on me and miss Aubrey and birth story.

edited September 2012 in Giving birth
Well as you all know that Aubrey Lynn was born wed. Sept 5 at 5:53 am she was 7 pounds 1.8 ozs and 20 inchs long. I was induced at 5 am when I got to the hospital I was having contractions and was at 2 cm dilated 75 effaced they started the pitocin drip and I gradulade started having them. I labored for 4 1/2 hourss with no pain! I didn't feel one contraction. At 10 my doct. Came in to check me no progression so they broke my water. I felt the pop then lots of warm fluild. He wished me good luck and told me he would be back later to check on me. I was hoked up to internal monitors. I ended up getting the epi because it made me feel everything when I had contractions. I got the epi put in and slept as much as I could. Nurse checked me I was at 3 dilation after almost 2 hours then I was at a 4 for 6 hours. My doc. Never gave up on me tho I labored 24 hours with no progress to show. After my timing wore of it. Was time to get Aubrey out because here window was up. So I was preped and rdy for a csection. She was pullled out of me in less than5 mins in recovery she feed wonderfuly. The next day we had some issues with a good latch she got he blood test done. And her shots. The next day was huge we got her baby photos done hearing test was done orta they had to come back the next day because she had fluid in her ears. She passed with flying colors! And we found out she was jansaced :-( the next day the took her billilvs again and was higher. Got 9ne last night and she is at a 16 for her Jaundice. So my precious princess is un a lamp:-( billiribbon test again is at 5 am so I hope we get discharged its so hard atm because we want skin to skin feedings and I want to hold my baby. :-( so hope we get discharged tomorow if not I get discharged and get to stay as Aubreys parent/guest. Same mother baby room we have been in tho. Praying to get realsed tomorow! Weil I will try and keep you all updated

Comments

• Omg the good thing.is that she is safe and she is here!! Her jaundice will go away =) and she will be just fine you will see! Congratulations again on your beautiful babygirl =)
  • Hoping she is getting better today sweetie! Lots of breastmilk and sunshine will do her the world of good when she gets to go home! Well done sweetie x
  • Awe hun so glad she is finally here. Her jaundice will go away hun. Just keep feeding her often.
  • Congrats on baby girl. My daughter had jaundis and was sent home on a bilibed. I hope she improves.
  • I been wondering!! Congrats!!
  • Thank you all we were able to come home yesterday! She droped from 16 to 10.6 goingto a pedi appt today as a follow up. Up every 3. Hours to feed she had some pretty intense weight loss so I get to feed her then supplement a 1oz of soy formula
  • Glad she is doing well. Hope you don't have to supplement for too much longer. Beatrix had to get blood work done after her check up for jaundice if they do blood work and ask how you want it drawn either by foot or arm, I suggest arm. It's a lot faster than foot, plus they don't have to squeeze her arm to get the blood out like they would on her foot. Plus her feet are probly sore already from being poked in the hospital.