so, im worried about Evie

edited September 2012 in Ages & Stages
Evie was born on November 6th 2011, so she's about ten months old. Im getting really concerned as; she doesnt crawl, like at all. She scoots backwards on her bum, but doesnt ever get onto her knees. Also, shes not pulling up very often, and i just know that shes not going to be walking anytime soon. She was late rolling over too. She says mama, dadda and nanna, but no other words, and shes just now started waving, and can almost clap. Should i take her to the doctor for a developmental check, or just wait it out a bit longer?

Comments

• Florence was the same, then a few weeks ago, when she was 10.5 months she started crawling. I did take her for a check and they wernt worried. She's now 11 months and crawls everywhere and climbs up everything. I wouldn't worry, babies develop at their own pace x
  • All babys are diff hun my mates babys nearly 1 and can only say more and mama and was late saying them I wouldent worry :) but I know can be worrying when u see peoples babys doing things your baby can't etc xx
  • edited September 2012
    All babies are different...my sis has a twin boy and girl. They got worried bc the boy was everywhere crawling, sitting etc. The girl wasn't crawling at 11 months yet...right before my sister had a therapist come she started everything...crawling standing...I would still ask the Dr when you go but most.likely they will have you wait a little. My daughter was just shy of 18 months I was so worried bc she wasn't walking yet. The Dr said if she got past that month and didn't walk then we could look at a therapist. Sure enough a week or so later she walked. The drs know if its normal or if its beyond the milestone point if they should be concerned. My dad didn't walk til he was 2 my grandmother told us, so each child is diff.
    She will surprise you hun one day and you'll be trying to keep up with her lol:)
  • What did the health visitor say at her 7-9 month check? I've found myself worrying about Riley at times then all of a sudden in a week he has mastered something!! My almost 2 year old niece also probably only says a few more words than Evie! Babies develop at such different rates, I know babies who have never crawled, then bum shuffle and go to walking from there! When you next get her weighed discuss your worries with the HV they are normally very helpful but I am sure she is doing just fine! X