9/11 Remembrance

edited September 2012 in Current Events
Where were you?
I was in my 8th grade math class!

Do you know anyone who was taken that say?

Comments

• I was in a biology or physics lesson in my last year at school. Awful awful awful

Rest in peace to all who lost their lives that terrible day
  • My senior year. I was at a doctors office for a sports physical. We called the school after my appointment and the office told me to just stay home and classes were only watching the newscasts all day. I had a 3rd cousin pass in the event but I didn't know him.
  • I woke up to it being shown on the news, my alarm clock was my tv. I ran into my moms room and woke her up. She didn't believe me.
  • I was in 4th grade... i remember all the teachers being very hush hush and crying. I was a car rider that day, and that never happened. I remember dance classes being canceled and just rewatching the news wondering why or how it happened
  • I was in 7th grade, (history?) My mom came and got us from school.
  • im in the uk and was in my second from last year at school! i remember coming out of school and hearing it on the news! when i got home i sat watchin the tv and it was on all night! was so so horrible to watch:-(
  • I was in 11th grade in class and they brought a tv in the classroom for everyone to watch and not too long after my parents came and picked us up and brought us upstate since we lived only about 30 minutes from the city and they wanted to get far away...a lot of people went upstate thinking more was going to happen and wanted to get far away
  • 7th grade art class. I remember teachers actually taught classes that day like nothing had happened. Some would have the TV on for a bit but I remember it was a normal school day. Went home after school and finally understood how serious it really was while watching TV with my parents.

My husband's cousin received mail a couple days after 9/11 from a man that died in one of the towers. He had been dead for 2 days but his mail was still being delivered.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I was recalled into work and put on response alert at our local airport. I had just finished being on duty for 17hrs when it happened but luckily south australia isn't that high on anyone's list to attack.

A close friend of ours lost his life in it so even though we are a long way away it is always a reminder.