important question

edited September 2012 in Breastfeeding
okay so my 11 week old is exclusively breastfeeding but i recently went back to school and have class 2-3 times a week and my mother in law watches her. I have milk pumped but I've come across the problem of her not taking the bottle. She won't have anything to do with the silicone nipple and on a very rare occasion she play/eat from the latex nipple...any suggestions?

Comments

• Try different bottles until you find one she likes
  • It just sucks cause bottles can be expensive
  • I had to do find the nipple that was closest to my nipple for him to take the bottle
  • My boys used breastflow while I was breastfeeding
  • What bottles do you use? Ollie would only take the Tommee tippee ones...those were very similar to my nipple.
  • Right now I've tried the breast flow and the latex from the hospital and she'll only take the latex. I'm gonna try the Playtex bag bottles if i can find the latex nipples for them.
  • Try buying bottles at gently used stores or online, they may be cheaper. Does baby take it if you're not around? McKinley was like that. Wouldn't take it if I was home, buy if she was away from me, she could.
  • Thanks @blessedtxmom i bought the slow flow cause she's right at that 3 months mark but my mil said she just fussed so I'll try the fast i guess. @natashalynn she won't take it either way.
  • Playtex makes a medium flow nipple and yes, babies r us sells them separately.
  • If she's only taking the latex hospital nipple try the gerber bottles with the latex nipples. My son would only use that kind cause it was similar to the hospital kind.
  • Okay well they only had the fast and slow at Toys r us which is all i have around me. @misskristin
  • edited September 2012
    My daughter is the same but I am sahm so I gave up trying and she just gets boob lol

But someone told me to buy different nipples to test them out instead of the whole bottles.
  • If she will take silicone, they also make a wide nipped playtex ventair bottle.