knock on wood but...

edited September 2012 in Sleep
The other day we bought her a new night light which is led but its a very low lite light but since we've used it she has yet to get up throughout the night, she slept 6 hours the first night and 8 hours last night. Before we were using the hall light and it was pretty bright, and she was getting up every 3-4 hours. It's been nice getting sleep!!

Comments

• Thanks @jodi102011 how is bedrest going?
  • Yay! I'm glad you found something that works!
  • @trixiesmom8, ok i had group yesterday and today i am feeling it big time. Super tired and sore. I had acupuncture yesterday also. Other than that doing great, baby is doing good which is awesome:)
  • Thats great! Hope she keeps it up. Enjoy the rest!
  • That's so exciting I wish ny daughter would do that and she is almost 16 months!!!! Hopefully she will do it before I have this baby lol.
  • Me too!! @lilliansmom how is nap time going?
    @mrs4c thanks
    @jodi102011 that's really good!!
    @1stwoodsbaby thanks me too!
    @morgdeebee yea I'm hoping it lasts and not just a phase.
  • edited September 2012
    Today 1 out of 2 naps were in the swing but this weekend I have completely off so I'm putting the swing in a closet and hoping if its out of sight its out of both of our minds! Haha we will see! I just know she is very close to the weight limit of that thing so we are gonna have to give it up sooner or later
  • That's great! I've never used any light for my Lo. But I'm glad u found something that is working. Yeay for more sleep!
  • Yea..so I jinxed ourselves last night..she wouldn't go to bed for the life of me. I had tried everything, hubby had tried everything and nothing worked..so at midnight her and I took a drive and she was out in 10 minutes..but she did sleep all the way through once she actually slept.

@lilliansmom yay that's awesome!! I wish I could do that, but don't have the will power yet. How much does she weigh? I need to look at how much weight ours actually holds.
  • @jules we have used a light from day one, I think cause it was easier when I was nursing at night.
  • I see... I would only turn the night Light on if I needed to feed her out change her then I would turn it right off. But part of it was she was in our room at that stage and we like it dark lol.
  • edited September 2012
    I'm not sure how much she weighs but probably at least 21lbs and our swing goes to 25lbs so we are getting close.
  • Yea I wish we would've done that but oh well lol @jules
    @lilliansmom ok, my lo is only about 19lbs so not as close but still close enough to start getting her out of that routine. How do you get her to sleep in her crib instead of her swing?
  • I rock her to sleep which I know is another bad habit but she is doing better. I just put her down for a nap at 3 in her crib and its 430 and she's still asleep! So today. I think I will slowly put her down more awake but after we are definitely off the swing.
  • See I've gotten in the habit of putting her awake in her swing and she goes to sleep usually in minutes..if I lay her down awake in the crib its up and standing and not sleeping.
  • Oh well... It's what works best for u and your family :) maybe this is how it was supposed to be. Night light or not.
  • Yeah if I lay her down awake she is up standing and bouncing! Crazy babies don't know how good sleeping is!
  • Thats amazingg : )
  • Right @jules
    Yepp! That's why she nurses until she falls asleep at night @lilliansmom