how many of you ladies went through with the weight loss

edited September 2012 in Postpartum Health
A while back a bunch of us signed up to loose weight together...what happened with that? Did any of you ladies stick to it? I know I did I've lost 20lbs so i'm under my pre pregnancy weight

Comments

• I did i was 130 after my daughter an went to 98 but wanted to gain a little so now im at 100
  • @Mrz_Jackson oh yeah you did I remember...did you ever tone up and get rid of those so called ” love handles” you had
  • I did not im way to lazy but i still think about doin t everyday if that counts lol!
  • I've lost 9lbs :) and I am under my preprenancy weight. Still have 15 more to go!
  • I kinda did. I haven't lost much but still working on it. I'll be happy to drop 10 lbs. Then I'll be at my pre pregnancy weight...before I had my first.
  • I didn't sign up lol but I was like 115 and I went to 85 if that counts tryin to put some weight back on but its been a bitch
  • edited September 2012
    I didn't either, but I was 211 when I gave birth to my son and am now 130. He just turned a year. I dropped to 150 within three months and just got to the 130. I actually haven't done anything to lose it, just breastfeeding and being ill. Can't wait to start working out and toning up!

Good job ladies!!
  • What did you do to lose so much weight???
    @Mrz_Jackson
  • @CANT_WAIT93 jus calorie counting lots of veggies chicken an fish an only water to drink
  • I'm down 45 lbs.:)
  • Many of us are linked up on MyFitnessPal and are losing weight @newmomma13. We're all on each other and very supportive in it. Link in with us... You too @CANT_WAIT93
  • I was never part of this idea mainly cause it started before my baby was born.I dropped 57lbs and went back to my weight before pregnancy which i still wanna loose way more.. :-D
  • Kk I made one. My fitness pal right??
    TaliB93
    @YNVTish
  • I'm down 10 lbs. Ive been getting up literallly at the crack of down to run. Probably could be more but I don't run everyday and I still eat like sh** lol
  • I didn't sign up and I'm under pre pregnancy weight and it's great!
  • I wanna lose weight but working these 10 hr shifts got me feeling lazy n when I'm home all I wanna do is eat, sleep, shop n cuddle with my lo. I have no energy. Does anyone know if it's ok to take B12 while ebf? I think I'm going to join weight watchers or nutisystem bc I don't eat the right things.
  • @TayTay Idk about the b12 but I heard weight watchers is and awesome diet plan and it really works..and I heard that from a registered dietician
  • edited September 2012
    Vitamin B12 is a water soluble vitamin and when the body absorbs what it needs, it'll excrete the excess on your urine. With that said, since BM is primarily water, you should consult your LO's pediatrician as well as your local pharmacist ( @gatorbob ). I'm inclined to say no, but I'll leave that to the professionals. :)

Oh, and Weight Watchers is an awesome diet for weight management. Go for it!
  • Thanks hon @newmomma13

@mijita I believe ur comment was meant for me, lol so thanks I'll ask n ? about ebf do u have to watch what u eat? I haven't been bc from my understanding the baby gets all the nutrition n it's said to eat healthy for urself...is that true?
  • Yes, the comment was meant for you. Gatorbob is a pharmacist, if I'm not mistaken, and was referencing her for her expertise.

Yes, make sure you eat a well balanced diet because if you don't your body will leech nutrients to provide for baby (i.e. If you are lacking calcium in your diet, it'll rob your bones for the mineral). Therefore, it is important to maintain a healthy diet to maintain optimal health. You never want you calorie restrict either because it can affect your supply.

Weight Watchers is a very healthy alternative to help you adjust to a healthy lifestyle change. They also take into consideration breastfeeding moms.

One last thought. Some people have the mentality that they can eat what they want while breastfeeding for many different reasons, one being that they won't gain weight. The drawback is that that once you stop BFing you've instilled bad eating habits and it's hard to change them and weight gain occurs rapidly and unexpectedly. Just something to think about.