idgaf im getting skinny!

edited September 2012 in Health
I seen old pics of me and i nearly cried, back then i thought i was huge but i was perfect!! I need to get like that again im very determined to cut out all soda and fast food, chips, etc.
I need to lose about 50lbs but id be happy with 30 lbs lost.
Anyone want to motivate me or give me tips? Maybe an ideal meal plan @mijita : )
gahhh i need to get this fat off asap lol

Comments

• Me too lol. I put an old pic of me on my mirror for motivation.

Try My Fitness Pal app...there's a few of us pregly's on there & it helps a lot.
  • Lol!

Let me ask, are you one that tends to eat three meals a day or do you eat and graze throughout the day?
  • Yea join us on my fitness pal!!
  • Cutin out sodas to only water will help tons! That an calorie couting an no sweets worked for me an i ate healthy scrambled eggs chicken fish veggies peanut butter an fruit things like that its hard at firstnot gona lie i had so many craving but i lost weight fast an feel alot better after u start losing that will keep u motivated good luck
  • @Wilsomom thats a great idea! ill download the app now : ), ill post my username for you guys to add me

@Mijita i eat when i have time lol i dobt eat much twice a day tops i know thats not good but its not like in over eating.

@Starrxoxo9 making one now : )

@blessedtxmom you gave me a great idea i should test before i been having alllooott of symptoms, i dont want to lose weight if im prego

@Mrz_jackson thank youu! that sounds easy but i know its goibg to be hard lol ill do it!

oh and i forgot to mention im always moving! i have to constantly rock the baby to sleep with no rocking chair, mostly bounce up and down while sitting on the bed so i constantly feel it in my theighs and butt for a year straight lol maybe thats how i lost most my pregnancy weight (i have 10 more preg lbs to get to my pre preg weight lol the rest is just fat though and some muscle ) i also bend constantly, walk, move, you name it i do it lol

sorry if theres any typos im on my phone lol
  • Add me on fitness pal please:) I make chicken breast for the week like on Sunday i either bake it or boil it since I don't have a grill and that's my lunch and dinner I take salads to work or with veggies after a while your body gets use to it. Tmi but the other day I had a cheese burger bad idea I had the runs :/ lol for breakfast I eat fruit with milk or coffee and I love soda so ill still have it once in a while:)
  • My username is the same as here if anyone wants to add me :)
  • edited September 2012
    If you lived closer we can work out together!

Or maybe Sundays we can go jogging..maybe w/they other girls!
  • edited September 2012
    Believe it or not, but under eating is just as bad as over eating. I don't know why I suspected you were not eating frequently enough. My instinct didn't fail me. :)

Our bodies need a set amount of nutrients to survive. This is called our basal metabolic rate (BMR) This is the calories (energy) our bodies need if we were to lay at rest (in bed) all day. Then given our activity level it increases.

I suspect you are under your required BMR and are causing yourself weight gain instead. How is that possible? Your body goes into starvation mode because it thinks it's reached a time of famine. Therefore, what you eat is put into reserve for desperate times. You are out of equilibrium.

I suggest you keep a food/calorie diary for the next few days to give you an idea how many calories you are consuming in a given day. Once you have a visual picture you can begin to make changes.

Let me give you an example of such an instance. My sister came to me and told me that she was having a very hard time losing weight, mind you she was mildy overweight. I asked her her eating habits and suspected she was not eating enough. I told get to keep a food diary for the next few days to get an average number of daily calories. She was averaging between 600 - 700 calories (YIKES!). I gave her few recommendations, with the first being to consume no less than 1200 calories/day. She was hesitant because this was double her normal intake and was already not losing weight. I explained how BMR works and she went out on a limb to trust me. She lost 11 pounds in the first month alone with just eating. She was speechless and of course happy. I guess she didn't trust my expertise because I am her sister. Funny -- true story.

Your diary will also give you a picture of what foods you are eating.

Sorry so long, but I could go on and on. Let me know what exactly you have in mind and I can try and help.
  • @Firsttimemom thats a great idea i love grilled chicken in my salad! ok ill add you whats ur username

@Nameless that sounds awesome!

@Mijita your so right, thank you. Ill keep a food diary and ill let you know in a few days. Who wouldve thought i need to eat more lol
  • Im on myfitnesspal too, my name is flabulesslulu.
  • Idk how to add people lol
    everybody Add me BestMommyEver1011
  • edited September 2012
  • I don't have one yet its not letting me create it:/ but as soon as it does ill let you know
  • Also, my niece isnt on pregly but is also trying to lose 100lbs with myfitnesspal, shed love thd support from you ladies, her name is oohtobethin. xx
  • Ok I got it my username is firsttimemom1
  • @mijita Is grazing better or 3 meals with a snack or two? I've heard both ways...it's so frustrating all the conflicting information out there. It's hard to know what to believe or do. :/
  • edited September 2012
    Lol! I was just commenting on your food diary for today. Six small meals are ideal as it helps keep your metabolism in check. The problem is many people don't have the luxury or time to eat 6 times a day. I'm not sure if you are counting calories or just watching portion control -- either way works.

So, if you are counting calories, do the following. Divide your calories by the number of meals you are aiming for...

Calories/day = 1200 / 6 meals = 200 calories/meal

You can add to some and take away from others if you prefer to have one larger meal, or remove a meal and add it to another. Does this make sense?

The logic behind this type of meal plan is that you are keeping your body at work digesting, while providing minimum energy (calories) that you are burning maximum calories. This also revs your metabolism, thus assisting in weight loss. It also prevents the peaks and valleys of hunger that cause binges or unnecessary grazing.

Anything I can clarify?

@wilsomom