Medical Assistant Rant

2»

Comments

• What about the whistle blower thing that's on all the osha posters? Idk, I'm in CA so we have different laws but I think there's a number with osha you can call to report things like this and I think it's anon
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • No that would totally piss me off and kind of does now even tho I'm not there! I worked as CNA and people assumed I was there nurse a lot and I always corrected them no way am I going down that road. And it is completely illegal they are jackasses
  • To be honest...report it. Or give me the number or email and I'll do it. That is scarey and gross!!! I wouldn't let a MA touch me let alone Cath me!! I would email the Dr or Drs through your email so it can be recorded before you report though. So you can show you are not the one doing wrong. Just to cover your ass too.
  • I don't think you're over reacting AT ALL! In fact, you have great integrity for seeing all this as wrong & risking your job rather than jumping on board with them.

On a side note & a little off topic....my adult daughter had a cath done by someone in training that didn't know what they were doing. She was in so much pain & almost crying because the beeatch couldn't get it in & kept trying over & over. Finally the nurse did it. Anyways, she's had a TON of uti's since then, including all the way into her kidneys & gallbladder. Do you think it's related to the lady possibly injuring something?
  • I think you should report it also. You had mentioned before that they hired you to clean up the mess not sure what you were talking about. If people aren't trainned in something or shouldnt be because lack of schooling then they shouldnt be doing it. When i go to my dr i put my trust in her and if she knew something was going on and didnt report it i would be very upset.i know you are stuck in a hard place but you could be saving someones life.
  • Maybe a little extreme but i am just trying to make a point. I dont know if you are religious but you can pray about it.
  • There are accrediting bodies (such as JHACO) who you could annonymously contact about the practices in the office. The whistleblower number Frantastic talked about would be a good option, too. Regardless of whether or not you choose to stay at the practice, their disgusting habits that are potentially harming patients need to change. If you know there's a major problem and do nothing, you're not exactly part of the solution...not trying to be mean, but ethics is a huge part of our licensing, so I'm sure it's part of yours as well. Follow your gut on this.