High lead levels in 1yr old..

edited September 2012 in Health
Her number came back a 6.. CDC strives for 5, preferably less.

I dont know the source for Malia's exposure.. what do I do from here?

The paper said she'll need another blood test in a few months, which she has an apt beginning of Jan anyway. It was drawn from a vein to begin with.

Advice, this happen to anyone elses LO?

Comments

• It didn't happen to me, but toys and candy from like .25 cent machines or .50cents machines have led in them has she been eating candy from there?
  • Do you have Mexican pottery that she has access to? Do you live in an older home, where lead based paints still remain?
  • Nope, no toys, or csndy and out apartment is newly renovated..

6 isnt as high as i thought.. they stsrt treating st 45 -.- ..
  • Hmm.. could be ?

She got her shots an hour before getting her blood drawn.
  • No, not vaccine.

Even though the home is renovated, that doesn't mean new construction.I would bet it is from the apartment or home.
  • edited September 2012
    Did you have to sign a lead paint waiver when you moved in?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • No jewelry at all. Tbe whole inside of apartment is new, walls, flooring, appliances, ceiling, etc. The only old things are the radiators and heater pipes, which have been painted over and over with silver paint.. Radiator in our room, exposed, one in the living room I put a decorative curtain iver when we moved in.. Heater pipe in bathroom is reachable behind the door, kitchen one is not. I dont know how old they are, and our super only started 2 weeks before we moved in so he wouldnt know.
  • She goes to gmas sometimes & i dont knowthe history of her place. Otherwise, its with me or daddy. Idk! Lol. But im not stressing over it.
  • you can get a water test to test for lead at any place like homedepot....we did ours when we renovated our house just to be sure...worth ten bucks to make sure ya know??