what can i do with...

edited September 2012 in Food
This lean ground beef I bought? I bought 2 1lb things of it...I'm tired of making hamburgers...so I need something different. I was thinking meatloaf, but I dunno. What can I make with it? Need some ideas! I have beans, rice, veggies, and spices that I can use with it..I just don't know what to do.

Comments

• @bettymomma what's SOS? We have tacos and burritos all the time...so over those! Lol. I think I might try shepherds pie though! :)
  • Tator tot casserole :)
  • Sloppy Joe lol
  • I have a wonderful recipe that you'll love. I'll inbox it to you in the morning. :)
  • Tatortot casserole

Mmmmm
    its so good!
  • Lol my bf makes that hamburger and cream of mushroom and the kids love...I don't care for it.

Things I usually make with ground beef are spaghetti, lasagna, stuffed cabbage...

Here in Hawaii we there's a dish called loco moco...which is basically a hamburger patty with brown gravy, rice and topped with an over easy egg. U prob have all the ingredients too. Lol
  • @mijita I'm waiting to see your recipe so I can try it! :)
  • Meatloaf muffins. Make meatloaf cook them in individual muffin tins and top with mashed potatoe (or cauliflower) 'icing'
  • Sorrrrry, been a wee bit busy. I'm glad you reminded me as I almost forgot.

SLUM GULLION

2 pounds lean ground beef
    1 cup chopped onion
    2 tablespoons oil
    1 cup chopped green bell pepper
    1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
    1 (15oz) can diced tomatoes
    1 (8oz) can tomato sauce
    1-1/2 cups elbow macaroni
    2 cups water
    1 teaspoon salt OR to your taste
    Fresh ground black pepper
    Parmesan cheese

In a large skillet or Dutch oven that has a lid, on medium heat add oil and then brown onion about 2 minutes; add bell pepper and cook another minute. Add ground beef and with a spoon stir and breaking up into small bits; cook until the meat is well done. If there’s a lot of fat, drain. Add tomatoes, tomatoes sauce, water, macaroni, salt and pepper. Cover with a lid and cook about 30 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat and allow setting with the lid on about 30 minutes before serving, this really helps to blend all the flavors. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.

• @mijita could you make that in a crick pot? Like leave out the macaroni until the end?
  • Yeah, but don't leave it to long or the macaroni will get soggy.
  • Tostada Casserole

1lb ground beef
    1, 15oz can refried beans
    1 package taco seasoning
    1 bag regular fritos
    1, 15oz can tomato sauce
    1 bag extra sharp cheddar cheese (or any kind you want)

Brown the meat. Drain. Add taco seasoning and half can tomato sauce. In casserole dish, spread fritos to cover bottom. Add ground beef. Spread refried beans over it. Cover refried beans with the other half can of tomato sauce. Bake 20 minutes on 350. Remove. crush fritos over top and add cheese. Bake again for five minutes.

It's amazing!! So easy and fast. Family recipe.