HELP weening off bottles

edited September 2012 in Ages & Stages
Does anyone have suggestions on how to get my little girl off her bottle. she will be starting get milk this week. :)

Comments

• Reg milk lol
  • No suggestions? :(
  • I just went pretty cold turkey! Swapped all his daytime bottles to the beaker (sippy cup) and then within a couple of weeks did the same with the bedtime bottle! He transitioned fine! He was about 14/15 months, I had planned to do it earlier but just after he turned one he had a severe gastroenteritis bout and we had to keep with the bottles to try and get any fluid down him at all! Will do the same with Riley, take away all the daytime bottles and when I know he is happy with the beaker and drinking plenty I will get rid of the bedtime bottle too. How old is your lo? X
  • I swaped for a week and once she got the hang of the sippy i got rid of the bottle. Alanag was really easy. Hope your lo is the same.
  • I did it cold turkey with both a day after they turned 1. They were ok with it.
  • I do cold turkey wen they turn one to
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @homebirthadvocate how do you know it's time? Ollie will be one this week, and still seems pretty attached to his morning and evening bottle..I don't want to quit just because he is 1...
  • Weening didn't work for my lo. I just stopped giving them the day after her bday.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Jack has been on a sippy since 6 months with only 2 bottles per day. When he turns 11 months I will cut out the bottle cold turkey. I don't think he will have a problem.
  • Thank you!! I tried today and did ok. gave her a bedtime bottle and that's it
  • My daughter turned 1 today! So i am also wanting to do away with bottles. Do i give her formula in her sippy? And when/how do i give her regular milk?
  • @brittneymcgrew That's what I did. my lo turned one Sunday. happy bday btw :) and I'm on my last can of formula so I do half formula n half whole milk until I'm done with the can. then it will be all whole milk. my doctor said to offer breakfast first then her milk.
  • I guess most of the nutrients should be coming from her solid foods is how she explained it.