baby is sick:(

edited September 2012 in Health
Anything I can do for him?? He is almost 6 months old and has a cough and runny nose. Other than using a humidifier (its a vicks one with the little filter that has vicks on it) is there anything else I can give him? I did give him some camomile tea...he also hasn't been eating or drinking since Mon night. He did have a bottle this morning but usually drinks more than 4 ounces and he only tookk 4. I just feel bad for him. My daughter was home from school Mon bc she was sick I kept her away from him and washed everyones sheets and bedding yesterday but it still got around. Its been hot in the afternoon here and mornings are cold. it goes from like 50 degrees in the AM to almost 85 in the afternoon and the weather changes usually cause the colds. Also, usually within the first few weeks of school my daughter gets sick:( any help would be appreciated:)

Comments

• I have no clue :( but i really hope he gets better :X :X
  • @Janet_2011 thx:) I am about to leave to take my daughter to school and want to stop at the drug store (with no kids). The Verizon Fios guy is supposed to be here between 8 and 12 so I can't really go later.
  • What helped my lo was hylands cold tablets and their cough syrup it is all natural. Since I really couldn't give her actual meds I felt like at least I was doing something for her. Hope he is feeling better.
  • @trixiesmom8 thx:) he is a little better...I think its a combo of teething and a cold. He is chomping on everything he gets his hands on. I've been running on no sleep bc he is up alot bc being sick and also I think his teeth are hurting:(
  • That's good. Yea my lo gets like that when she is getting teeth, luckily we are back to our normal schedule after popping her second tooth through a week ago. Hope he cuts his tooth/teeth soon!
  • edited September 2012
    @trixiesmom8 me too he will be 6 months at the end of Sept. My two yr old had teeth going into his fourth month. How old is your lo?
  • Aww. Malia was really sick at 6 mo. We traveled to tx and back. The dr there said there was really nothing you can do.. just clean his boogies and let him rest when he wants.. a dip in food intake is normal. Malia has a tiny cold, runny nose right now /:
  • @caroline8_p thx, he is starting to feel better...thankfully. I hate when they get sick. I hope Malia feels better...its that time of yr:(
  • Thank you, i hope he gets betters soon. She was sick for 3 weeks then. I felt so bad.
  • Watch for dehydration... frozen pedialyte pops espec. if he is teething.
  • She is 10 months old.