bronchitis

edited September 2012 in Health
I've been having a really bad cough lately so has my bf and our 14.5 month old. I'm pretty sure we have bronchitis by the symptoms. What can I take to help this cough? If we get any worse were all going to the drs. I just might take my lo tomorrow so they can test him for sure. My chest feels "heavy" and so do my lungs. I HATE being sick...and I'm hoping my 3 week old doesn't catch it, but since I'm bfing I guess she's protected from it? She hasn't been coughing only when she gets way too much milk at once or she spits up...no other times.

Comments

• I have a horrible cough right now, too. I had a cold over 2 weeks ago, and the cough just won't go away. I'm sure I need antibiotics, but don't want to take any...Haha. If you're having shortness of breath, go see your doc. You can also try some robutussin DM for now and see if it helps. That's what my OB told me to take when my cold was really bad (I'm pregnant, so I'm sure it's probably safe while bf). Feel better. :)
  • @rtmommy mine started about 3 weeks ago...I thought I was getting a cold when I was in labor...but now my cough is awful. I'm not having any shortness of breath...my lungs just hurt and I get hoarse when I cough a lot. Thanks ill try that. I wonder what my lo can take for his cough?

I hope your cough gets better! I was sick so much with my 14.5 month old...every little thing I would catch and coughing hurt so much!
  • Kids under 4 really don't have many options. Do you have a humidifier? Running it at night where they sleep should help. Hopefully you get some relief soon. :)
  • Take some mucinex, too. You need to get whatever is in your lungs out.