Pregnant after iud removal?

edited September 2012 in Health
I had my son a year ago and got mirena at my six week check and just removed it about week ago. and the past couple of days i have been queasy and somewhat feel early pregnancy symptoms. The np didnt really say anything about it just that I can get pregnant which I want to in the next six months to a year since my son just turnes one and now im worrying cuz I had sex a couple days before removal. But havent since than and my period was so irregular while on mirena, son I dont know when my last period really was. I know I last spotted around 8/20 . Any help or advice or personal stories its greatly appreciated. ;)

Comments

• We are ttc , our daughter is 13 months and had the mirena out on the 6th...what u might be experiencing is called the "mirena crash" ...after mine came out I swear I thought I was going to drop dead for a few days, mostly horrible fatigue, but my stomach was jacked up too... I would suggest taking a pregnancy test, although the hormone changes in your body may be to blame for your symptoms
  • edited September 2012
    @ScarlettsMama thanks ;) im thinking hormones also, but will test if it doesnt get any better.
  • My friend got hers taken out when her lo was like 7-8 months within a week she was prego and now has a healthy 2 month old.
  • @trixiesmom8 Thank you. Thats great to hear.