I wonder when my son will start walking

edited September 2012 in Ages & Stages
He just had his first Bday on Sept 14th. He can stand all by himself and stands up from the middle of floor. He'll start dancing (bending his knees) but hasnt actually taken steps. He is my 4th baby and has reached his milestones way later than my other kids. I know all babies are different but Im just constantly grabbing my camera thinking hes gonna take his first steps any min. Lol. Hes too cute tho. :) Everybody tells me oh you will have to start chasing him around the house when he starts walking, and Im like I already do. Lol

Comments

• Before u know he will take off :)
  • I didn't walk until 18 months lol my older sister and i had a secret language snd she'd carry me everywhere :) he'll be walking soon enough! Just keep that camera nearby
  • My daughter was like that, besides standing up from the floor by herself. She has been walking along furniture since she was 7 months and I hoped she would be walking by her first birthday. She was my second and also hit milestones way later than my first. He was 8 months when he started walking she finally walked at 13 months and she hasn't stopped since. I love it! She has been walking for 2 weeks now and my heart melts every time she takes a step still:) my daughter still doesn't stand up to walk without pulling herself up on something, keep your camera close I'm sure he's almost there!
  • My daughter couldnt evn stand by herself last week i been practicing with her the last few days an now shes walking!
  • Lol, Im all excited for him. I guess ill keep practicing with him :)
  • Jaksyn just turned one on September 13th and he is not walking yet either. He can stand alone and get up, and he will hold on to the furniture and walks down it so fast he looks like he is running. My older son Logan was not walking when he turned one but it was about two weeks or so after his birthday that he started walking. I'm waiting for it everyday too for him to just get up and take off.
  • Jack has done things later than my first. His teeth came in later, he started crawling later, and he started pulling up later. By 10 1/2 months Connor,was walking. Jack is a week from 11 months and not even trying. He can't even stand on his own. It'll happen before you know it.
  • Mi daughter didn't start walking till almost 14 months.
  • LOL, my son is just lazy, hahaha :-)) It looks like he's wants to take his steps but then he's all nah I crawl instead! LOL
  • My daughter didn't start walking till she was 14 months. He'll start walking soon. He just doesn't want to right now. My daughter could of started walking sooner then she did. I think she knew how but just didn't want to.
  • Evie is 11 months and doesnt walk either. As soon as u take your hands away she sits on the floor, lazy bum!
  • Charlie is nearly 15 months and will only walk along furniture, he wont walk even if we hold his hands. He dont say words either but hes göt hypermobility so Im going to speak to the physio this week coz Im getting a lil worried now. I would not worry hun at all at least hes göt the strength to stand alone :)
  • Dylan started taking his first steps last week. =D> & I got it on video :-D He now takes more steps. It's so funny watching him walk around the house. SO cute! :X