What breastfeeding pump to buy?!?!

edited September 2012 in Breastfeeding
I am planning and really determined to breastfeed this baby. I am going to be able to take 4 weeks off of work but then I will have to pump when I go back. I have no idea what pump is best. I don't mind spending money if it's going to be a great product, but I don't want to spend a lot on something that isn't going to be good. So I thought I would ask you ladies what your favorite pump is?!?!?!?! That way I don't go out and buy something I hate. Also, any other things you would suggest buying for breastfeeding?! I am going to be taking classes soon and I'm working with my doula on it but I just want to know from mommies with experience what products were necessary and what wasn't. Thank so much ladies...pregly has really given me the desire and determination to want to do this!

Comments

• I used the medela double electric pump the advanced one has on the go tote bag which is perfect if your going to be pumping at work I had to do the same thing. Get some nipple cream and just use it from the start it really helps. You also need breast pads. Everyone is different when it comes to these but I think the cloth once are better. You can re use them by just throwing in the wash. For me the held more and we're more comfortable since it is fabric.
  • Definitely go with a double, electric. Definitely worth the extra money. I only bought a single pump and it took FOREVER when I'd pump. Plus it was so boring. Definitely going to need some boobie pads. I used the lansinoh brand and loved them. Also, you'll need storage bags for your pumped milk.
  • Agreed...medela double electric :)
  • Oh and if u have the Medela double electric like @coltensmamma and I since it comes with the on the go tote bag they also give u 4 bottles u pump into that go into the tote bag which was great because I Didn't have to deal with the storage bags really.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Medela double electric.
  • What everyone else said :-)
  • edited September 2012
    Medela on the go tote here too!!! I had to pump at school in the locker room and also my car and it worked well... I had the home adapter, battery pack adapter and car adapter for mine!! It kinda looks like a big purse and not a pump, not that I tried to hide it from anyone. I stored small travel snacks in it b/c I was ALWAYS hungry when I pumped!!
  • I love my ameda purely yours double elec. Cones with 6 bottles, storage cooler & tote. Looks like a tote bag.
  • I would tag everyone but it's hard to on my phone! Thanks so much ladies the Medela double electric was actually what I had been looking at! Thanks for the feedback and advice I REALLY appreciate it!!