@homebirthadvocate

edited September 2012 in Babies Health
Did your LO's poop start to stink and were their stools very loose with goats milk?

@homebirthadvocate

Comments

• It can stink more if you're switching from breastmilk...
  • @Ourlittlenugget; Thank you. I never intended to do goats milk, but my LO is not interested in whole cows milk. She also gets a very wholesome diet, so I wasn't very worried. I tried coconut milk, which was a flop. I was getting ready to purchase another half gallon of organic milk to keep trying when I stumbled onto the goats milk. I figured what the heck. Guess what? She likes it -- go figure.

I've noticed her poop is very soft and very very stinky. It doesn't even smell that bad with meat. It's been since she started drinking goats milk.

Is your LO experiencing this?
  • I noticed he got much stinkier when I introduced solids even with the breastmilk. :-( Goat milk is a great alternative to human milk, though. I'd be more concerned with hard poop than soft as long as she's not experiencing diarrhea. Mine really loves vanilla flavored almond and rice milk, so I alternate with those two, but he stinks more when he's had cheese. Maybe it's an animal milk protein thing?
  • It's the milk, lol. She's been on solids since about 7 months and I've slowly introduced table food along the way. Her poo changed as soon as she started goats milk, which I started at about 13 months.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @HomeBirthAdvocate; didn't think so. I was just curious because the stink level went up a few notches, lol.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.