teaching babies a second language.

edited September 2012 in Talking
has anyone tried to teach their lil one a second language? im really wanting jovani to learn spanish.. daddy is cuban & we're around the language frequently while at abuela's house but i'd like to have something at home i can use to work with him to really teach him spanish. i came across some dvds called Little Pim that seem good but i was wondering if anyone has any other advice on helping him learn?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @homebirthadvocate
    i only know a hand full of words & not many phrases. i do have a translator on my phone that i will sometimes use to say stuff to him in spanish. whatever we do would probably be a learning experience for us both. my step-son is four & has recently started expressing his desire to learn spanish so im hoping to get a head start with jovani. he'll be one on the 5th of october so i know i need to start soon.
  • my son is bilingual n he is 11 months old but I do speak Spanish sometimes and so does hubs. it's mainly his grandparents who do. I would suggest getting some flash cards, point at the object and say it in spanish
  • My son turned a year last month and he knows Spanish words. His dad speaks a lot of Spanish to him and I speak English with him. Children are really good at absorbing things like that.
  • Maybe flash cards? We use them w our lo but we mostly speak Spanish to him. It's amazing how quick they learn:)
  • My daughter is learning Spanish now... she pick up words from Dora n within a week of being in her new class she picked up her numbers... she'll b 3 in November n we don't speak a lick of Spanish... she just loves to learn new things shes even picking up sign language