first word

edited September 2012 in Talking
So Makenzie will be 10 months in 6 days. She still hasn't said her first word :-( She has made sounds that sound like words Like mama and hi but nothing that is consistant.
The other day I noticed that she was actually saying mama but when she does it she has her tounge sticking out.. Weird? or Normal?
Anyone else's child do that
Anyone else's child not have a first word this late?

Comments

• Jack is almost 11 months and only babbles. No real words yet
  • Madison is 11 months and i think her speech is delayed, she did say duck a couple weeks ago said it for 12 hours then its like she forgot that she could say it :/ se says mamamama and dadada but isnt speaking to us, sorry, i'm no help just wanted to let you know you aren't the only one concerned
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My baby is almost 11 months an no words at all she jus points lol
  • Thanks ladies! Makes me feel better lol so it seems like there isn't a normal age to talk
  • Mine are going to be 15 months on monday, and they pick and choose what to say- and use their own language with each other (twins) on us and we have no idea what they want half the time. Lol don't worry!
  • McKinley is 15 months and still doesn't talk. I'm not worried though, she can mimic sounds of; elephants, cow, dog, cat, monkey when we ask her. She can WALK down/up stairs without assistance, and knows what we mean when we say: potty, outside, upstairs, downstairs, gramma/grandpa,
    Each baby is different, and have different personal priorities. I would not worry about it!
  • Malia says daddy, daddy, wooow (sometimes and tfies to say kitty.. we dont even have a cat. Lol. She knows it from her picture book.. 13 mo on 25th
  • edited September 2012
    My daughter Is gonna be 9 months on the 30th and she tries saying stuff. She calls me mom and learning that dada is daddy. The only other thing she says is buh bye while waving. I'm trying to teach her hi but she just loves bye bye lol. Every kid is diff. My oldest didn't really start talking til she was almost 2 while my son was saying sentences by the time he was 2.
  • 11.5 months and no real words just a whole lot of jibberish lol she does say mama and dada while babbling but not saying it to us. she tries to say kitty, and daisy (cats name) I have also heard "nom nom nom" hahaha