Anyone tried vicks on babys feet?

I've read it helps sooth and let baby sleep but does it really get rid of the cough???

Comments

• Never tried it but I've read that it helps.
  • It doesn't get rid of it but it def helps.
  • My friend swears by it..
  • It helps when theyre congested. I use it on my los feet. I just make sure i put some thin socks on over it. My mom thought i was crazy when she seen me do it.
  • edited September 2012
    I've used the baby vicks on her feet with socks when she is congested.
  • Its helps A LOT when baby is congested! My lo just had a virus and that's all I could do to help him. I've done it to myself too!!
  • Ive never done this but heard of it. My 3yr old has a really bad cough and stuffy nose. I have been putting baby vix on his chest, but doesnt seem to help any.
  • It has worked for my son in the past for congestion.
  • Works perfectly for congestion.
  • Okay so I did it and he didn't wake up until 6am! And I've only herd a few coughs :) go baby vicks!
  • edited September 2012
    So how does it work? Is it just because of the vapors or does it actually soak into the body & do something? I've never heard of that, but I'm gonna try it next time someone is sick.
  • I tried it for my 4 yr old and it didn't help. He was up ALL night coughing
  • I didn't think vick's was supposed to be used on kids under 2...on their bodies or in their humidifier...(something about their nasal and respiratory passages being too small and delicate that it can actually do more harm than good). Plus, menthol isn't a decongestant (it is cooling so it tricks you into thinking you're breathing better...when your nasal passages are just being soothed by the cooling effect).
  • Oh, you all were talking about "baby-vick's"...how is it different from the original?