*Pics included. BedBug UPDATE #2

edited October 2012 in Babies Health
I never see mosquitos, ever.. maybe 5 times since we moved to nyc april 2011.. She gets these often, but not like this!

Untitled

Untitled

So yesterday the exterminator came and did his business, we stayed the night at his moms for Malia's safety. Today, I threw the sheets down quickly cause she was falling asleep as we got home. Didn't think anything if it. Bedtime rolls around, the sheet was sideways, so I took it completely off to fix.. bam, grown ass bug running for darkness. we found 6 and killed 5. Those bastards. I haven't seen any bites as of recent, but I'll be checking her. We are also keeping her in one piece pajamas hoping it help.. and its cold anyway.

Also, I work at a restaurant connected to a hotel here in nyc. Yesterday, I was changing my clothes at work and found an adult bedbug between my collar and tie on the back. Ugh! I know the hotel has bedbugs & I walk through or right next to the dirty linens everyday after my shift. Its the only way to the dressing room. I dont think our problem started from there, as I've been seeing these bites longer than I've worked there. But now I am extra careful to not come in contact with the linens.

BTW, I NEVER knew bedbugs were "real" UNTIL I I moved to the city & saw ads for bed protectors.. I thought it was just a cutesy bedtime ryhme! lol

Comments

• Could it be bedbugs?
  • No I don't think mosquitoes. I'm allergic to them AND live in the south where they are really bad. I've never had any to look like that and I get them very.often.
  • edited September 2012
    I dont think so, she sleeps with us, so either of us would get bitten also... I guess I could say the same for her current bites (duh!).. I checked our mattress yesterday, sort of. When she wakes up, I will check better.
  • When did you notice she got them, was she asleep or playing outside? Poor thing I bet that has you worried to death. I would check your couch too if you had anyone new over lately.
  • Ringworms? Have u taken her to the doc. Any other symptoms?
  • Ah.. we do have a friend that comes over and stays once or twice a month.. a squater, but not kinda guy. I have been seeing them for a good while. But I just realized today that I never see mosquitos. She doesnt play outside much and I always see them after we wake up. Just in the spots pictured and usually just on that side too. We switch spots to feed during the night, so its not like shes ever in one spot. @Proudmother1009 @1stwoodsbaby
  • @Salasmommy doesnt look like ringworms & Im going to see if I can email her dr. Getting an appt would be months away.
  • UGHHH. It IS bedbugs!! Found the little mo-fo on OUR side of the bed! I'm sooo annoyed with this! I bed we got them from the last place we lived!

@Salasmommy @1stwoodsbaby @proudmother1009
  • Oh no :( poor girl
  • He is coming home early so we can go find a new mattress TONIGHT!. I am very disgusted & feel bad for Malia. She's been getting these for months. They choose a host and feed from them only!
  • And its not like we have $200-300 extra dollars.. blahh! Guna make it work.
  • Nah. Boyfriend wont be satisfied with that.
  • @Bexiewexie he decided to do that. Lol. I had $98 left on a bed-bb gift card. So we got a mattress, box spring and 2 pillow case covers.. paid $145 of our own money.

Calling our building mgmt monday!
  • I am glad you found out what it was! I hope you don't have them too bad! I hate those stupid things!
  • Oh lord. Good, good luck with that!!! They are SO hard to get rid of.
  • It doesnt look lije we have tgem too bad @proudmother1009 we still have to check our couch and chair.

@captivated, uh, i know! Where we stayed with last, we had to bag EVERYTHING, washevery single piece of clothing. It was a hassle because it wasnt our place. After I call mgmnt, i wonder if they'll send exterminators.. sigh. Told him I want a new mattress as soon as we can afford it.
  • That is the classic bedbug pattern, they are called breakfast lunch and dinner and usually appear in welts of threes. Your poor baby.

If you had them in the mattress, odds are they were in other areas of your house. It's be cautious of buying a new mattress only to get exposed. I wonder if there is a cover protector for those on the meantime.
  • @Mijita. There are, thats what we bought at bed bath n beyond @bexiewexie i just realized i wrote mattress not mattress protector! Opps. Just protectors, will buy new mattress set probably at tax time.
  • edited September 2012
    You guys... i have to leave for work by 6am. We are doing all of our laundry.. its 1:20 and Ill still be here a minimum of 1hr after piling everything back up.
  • Im still up, feeding Malia some good ol boob & heading to work.. Glorious nap when I get to her grandmas! Lol
  • edited September 2012
    Your poor baby. I had bedbugs once spray my whole house with bleach and frebeze. Till this day I wash my bedsets seperate from my clothing. I steam my mattress with bleach and a mixture of frebreze.

I hope she get better soon. Sorry you had to go through this.
  • Yesterday and today I read the entire www.bedbugcenter.com website, I think I might get a steamer. From the website, Im thinking its an "early" infestation, which is I guess the best situation to be in other than zero bugs, lol. Her bites always go down quick, thank goidness.
  • update at top under pics.
  • @amab13 it is, its ridiculous! :(
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Bedbugs are nearly impossible to get rid of, if they are already in her mattress then they will be in everything else and will reinhabit the new one, u literally have to get rid of everything and have a special bed bug exterminator come and tent the house and basically heat it up to over 120°
  • @ScarlettsMama They are only in the bedroom mattress. We and the exterminator thoroughly examined the couch and chair. We threw away the box spring because it was too disgusting for me to deal with. And we live in an apartment.

@jtmoon98 Our mattress is on the floor now since we found out. The exterminator inspected all of that and results were bed only.

She doesn't have any bites today, I feel we did the best getting the protector for the mattress. I think all we can really do is search and kill every night.

• Yes, here they have to pay for it.
  • Just be aware, bed bugs dont only infest beds they infest everything :( and can have eggs that can lay dormant for up to 2 yrs with no evidence... Uugghh creepy lil suckers
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.