Birth Story

edited September 2012 in Birth Stories
I am so sorry I have updated in a while been really busy with my baby girl, Emma Jean Ruth was born on Sept 20th at 2:11pm via c section. She was 2 lbs 2 oz and 14 inches long. She is doing wonderful and most likely be in nicu till dec sometime, here is my birth story.

I am just truly blessed to have a beautiful so far healthy baby girl. I see all these mothers who have full term babies and they can't breathe on their own or they have heart defects and need surgery. So far Emma is doing great. The Drs haven't tested her brain yet I do believe that happen within the next couple of days. God works in mysterious ways and Emma is our miracle baby. She is still breathing on her own. She is getting 3 milileters of oxygen but she is off the cpap. She is off her blood pressure medicine. She is getting my breast milk 1 milileter 2 times a day the rest of her food goes into her belly button through a line. Next week I do believe she will loose her belly button and then will have a iv put in. She is one spunky girl. Takes after her dad and sister, not her a mama but having a spunky girl at this age is wonderful. I got to do what they call kangaroo style. I have held her twice skin to skin. Hoping daddy will do it today. It is the most wonderful thing in the world. I got to hold her for 15 min each time, her temperature would start to drop so had to put her back in the warmer. She does also have the light on her for jaudice. Jamie and I are so proud of our little girl. Riley gets to meet her for the first time and I am so excited to see the bond form between them. Sorry if I am rambling I am just so happy. I am starting to get the breast pumping down. Apparently I am too hard on myself so I need to relax but I need to feed my baby.

Here is Emma's birth story,
I know I put when she was born above but now I will give you the details. Thursday morning I started getting cramping and contractions.. I was dialated to a 2. I called Jamie and we decided he wasn't coming up because didn't think I would dialate so quickly because everything had stopped. I was put on mag to help calm everything down. I was on the phone with a friend of mine and also texting another friend. Decided to go to the bathroom and saw blood. Drs had already done an ultra sound in the morning and Emma was breach. Drs came in and checked me and I was dialtated to 6. That was at 1:35pm. I called Jamie and said I was being rushed in for a c section. He left right away but didn't make it for the birth of our little girl. I know he wanted to be there so I am bummed about that but we did meet our daughter together for the first time. I did see her when I was on the operating table but I was sick and throwing up and didn't have my glasses on. We were finally able to see Emma at 4:45pm, then Pastor Kom from Crown of Life church came and baptized her. We are truly amazed and happy how God has provided us with our daughter. We wish you all the best and thank you for all the love and support you have given us through my pregnancy and maternity. Love you all. I will post pictures later this afternoon.

The Meister's

Comments

• Wow, you are amazing!!! Congrats on the birth of Emma and we will all be praying she grows strong and healthy!!! :)
  • Congrats! I'm so happy she's doing well!!
  • Wow congratulations! I have been wondering where you have been! I am so glad everything is going good :)
  • I completely missed where you had her! Congrats!
  • Congrats! I'm glad she is doing so well. How far along was u?
  • OMG, congratulations!!! I'm so happy you guys are doing so well! I've been thinking about and praying for you so much lately. Its so incredibly amazing that Emma is breathing on her own! (Hooray for modern medicine and God's divine intervention!)

Docs will tell you to expect her home around her due date. But, sometimes it's much sooner (Uriah came home at 35/5 weeks gestation...so we had to finish his nursury in a rush!)

Congrats again; I'm so stinkin' happy for you!!!
  • So happy she's doing well, hon! XOXO
  • Wow! Amazing and congrats!
  • Im glad she was okay. My csection experience seems to be similar to yours. I threw up a lot. Even in my hair. I couldn't see at all without my glasses. It hurt so bad. But my husband was there. Keep me posted tho. I kept you updated on my stuff. Lol
  • Congrats! I'm glad both you and baby are doing well.
  • Congrats!! Glad baby and you are well.
  • Congrats! Hope things continue going well with her health.
  • Hope things,are going well!!!
  • Yay congrats on your healthy baby girl!!! Pics?? I can't wait to see her beautiful face!!!