cheese

edited September 2012 in Food
My lo is 10 mon and I need more variety for snacks and fingerfoods. We usually have low fat cheese etc is that fine or should it be full fat? He gets yogurt usually daily and that I buy full fat. Any ideas?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My daughter loves fruits (cut into small bites at that age) especially blue berries, bananas, apples, pine apples, watermelon and mandrinne oranges, bits of whole grain whole wheat bread, whole wheat pastas, steamed (for softness) veggies like carrots, zuchinnie, broccoli, green beans.

There are also lots of store brought snacks for babies however you will want to check the label for age appropriate items and also to check for things like sodium and sugar. The amounts of those ingredients are sometimes crazy!
  • I give Jack cheese sandwiches. He loves them. Just not all the time
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Full fat for babes. :-)
  • I agree. The cheese is a GREAT snack.
  • We have been on a cheerios kick for a while, otherwise we were doing the gerber snacks..which I now regret buying cause they are expensive when I could've been buying cheerios all along.
  • He eats cheerious, puffs, cut u fruits veggies... but i waned ti know if it had to be full fat cheese or is the low fat fine?
  • Full far! :) they need the body fat as brain development and when they are babies they say it's way of their survival they have an extra later of fat called brown layer. I was just watching a documentary on this last night done by university of new York. It's amazing!
  • My doctor okayed anything I eat within reason, I'm not going to give him spicy food but cheese she said was fine. She even told me her son loved shredded chadder at 10 months, and he hated baby yogurt do they did regular vanilla. Anything you eat as long as it is no bigger than a pea.

We do steamed veggies, bannas r a big hit, chicken is out newest addition to little mans diet ( he throws everything off his plate to get to the chicken now).