Fetal Echocardiogram

edited September 2012 in Pregnant
We just had a fetal echocardiogram because of the condition my son was born with. We're told baby girl's heart looks normal! Hooray! They recommend another echo when she's 2 or 3 months old just to be sure, because of big brother's aortic coarctation, but so far there's nothing to worry about! Thank God. I was so anxious about having another newborn who might require surgery...

Comments

• Yay!! Congrats on a healthy girl!
  • That's great news! Very happy for you.
  • That's awesome I know exactly how you feel! I have a heart problem and have had surgery twice (once at 4 days old and again when I was 17) so they were watching my daughters heart very close and everytime they said everything looked great I had a sigh of relief and everytime I go to the cardiologist he listens to her too just to be sure everything still sounds good!
  • Oh, wow @chelcie89 ! Thanks for sharing your story. My son was 4 days old when he had his surgery, too! My husband and I have always been very healthy and don't even go to doctors regularly, so having that happen to my first baby was a total shock. It's a little frustrating that it's created a stigma for my other children, and we'll have to be on guard with any future pregnancies. Glad your little one is doing well! ;-)
  • edited September 2012
    I couldn't imagine going through that with my own child but we have to watch out for problems in any future pregnancies cause my sister had a narrowed pulmonary valve when she was born (didn't requier surgery) then I was born without one and where it should of been was completly closed so they had to go in and open a hole for the blood to flow when I was 4 days then when I was 17 I got an artificial valve put in... I will have to have it replaced every 7-15 years and eventually get my tricuspid valve replaced too cause it leaks but not bad enough for surgery yet and once I get it replaced I can't have any more kids because I'll have to take meds that aren't safe during pregnancy. But other then that I'm healthy and like everyone else and it doesn't really limit me