This is so sad :(

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Sounds a little off. I can't see why a dog would attack a sleeping baby...or why the family had the baby where the dog could get to him. Super sad, but seems very preventable. :/
  • I didnt read the article bc I dont feel like crying right now lol but what I got from rtmommy is enough my mil works at an animal hospital and they put down a dog that grabbed a newborn of the parents bed while he was sleeping and the mom was in the kitchen when the dog came out of the bedroom with the baby in his mouth like a chew toy. I will never understand how people trust animals around babies alone no matter how harmless they thought the animal was!
  • @graysonsmommy I so agree! I wouldn't even leave my parents chihuahuas alone with my baby
  • edited September 2012
    Its sad... I think there is more to this story though... The prior event could have made the dog go into a panic and attack. Our dog sleeps with our children whether in the bed of our 6 year old or at the floor under the crib by our 1 year old. We have absolutely no fears of anything happening. Dogs agression does not come 'suddenly' it is something that has a gradual increase. Usually people ignore the signs till it is too late.
  • @lilbit01_209 when I was watching the news earlier they stated the dog had been known for biting in the past but this particular station didn't mention it
  • @gatorbob I know and to think I felt horrible last night when my son let me know he knows how to roll over by rolling off the couch :(
  • edited September 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @gatorbob thankfully he didn't get hurt just scared him and me. And there will always be what ifs dog or no dog :)