food ideas?

edited September 2012 in Solid Foods
I am looking for some good breakfast and lunch ideas for my 10 month old. She is not really picky and has a huge appetite. I am also looking for some good lunch on the go ideas because we are usually out of the house around lunch time and if she doesn't eat she gets fussy! She also has to feed herself or she doesn't eat much so we need some finger foods! Thx in advance to anyone who replies! I appreciate it am I'm sure she will as well!

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Breakfast: Old Fashion Oatmeal, Cream of Wheat, scrambled eggs, english muffin, yogurt/greek yogurt with fruit

Snacks: diced cheese, fixed fruit, veggie puffs, fruit smoothies and I'm out of self feeding options.

:)
  • I second the mini pancakes and waffles we usually do them with bananas or yogurt.
  • I third the mini pancakes.
  • edited September 2012
    For breakfast my baby loves scrambled eggs with cheese an crumbled up sausage its yummy an great for self feeding :)
  • Mini pancakes!! I make a huge batch and freeze them. Then just pop in microwave for a few seconds add fruit and insta breakfast!

Lunches: chicken nuggets, pasta and sauce, pb&j, grilled cheese, sliced fruit
  • My daughter loves mini pancakes too! And chicken nuggets, almost any fruit, grilled cheese, toast, cereal bars, dry cereal, french toast
  • Cubed lunchmeat. Cheese. Carrots.
  • edited September 2012
    @mama_kat- cheerios, she loves those! Is it ok to give her honey nut cheerios? Because I know honey is a high allergy food so she only gets the wheat kind but the honey kind taste so much better! Lol

@mijita- this may be a dumb ? But what are veggie puffs? And do I have to buy the baby yogurt or is any kind ok?

@blessedTXMom, @MorgDeeBee,
    @1stWoodsBaby- I give Sophia the mini pancakes as well but I do almost everyday, I feel kind of bad. But how do you ladies serve the mini pancakes, whole or cut up into little pieces? I usually cut hers up in little pieces but I seen a friend give her kiddo whole ones. Sophia would probably like them whole because she can hold it in her hand but I'm just so afraid of her choking.

@Mrz_Jackson- that does sound good! What kind of sausage so you use?

@ashley-smashley- thx for the suggestions. She has never had grilled cheese she would probably love it. She is only ten months is it ok to start introducing peanut butter?

@chelcie89- thx for the suggestions! What kind of cereal bars do you suggest?

@kindell- cubed lunch meat? Does it come like that or do I have to just cut it up? Thx
  • I jus use any kind of breakfast sausage
  • Savanah usually gets the Nutri grain cause those are the ones we like best and she likes almost any flavor her favorite is prolly strawberry tho... And they can be messy just to give you fair warning lol
  • I used to but the organic ones at Target. I forget the brand name, sorry.

Honey flavored snacks are ok. You just don't want to feed your infant raw honey as it may contain spores that their GI are not mature enough to kill. These spores
    can cause infant botulism and can be fatal. So Honey Nut Cheerios is fine.
  • Lunchables make the cubed kind. But you can go to the deli and ask for super thick slices and then make strips or cubes out of them. Try go gurt nicholas loves them because he can hold it but i cut them in half so its not to big.
  • edited September 2012
    I give my daughter yoplait(sp) kids they have a strawberry one that has Dora on the container she gets so excited when she sees it.

I know you asked someone else the peanut butter question, but you aren't supposed to introduce it till about 1 since nut allergies are common.
  • edited September 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Waffles with Greek yogurt on top, scrambled eggs (I hide spinach in them allllll the time lol) pancakes with fruit, French toast, fruit salad, I've even made her a smoothie when she didn't want to eat due to teeth.
    Lunch...macaroni and steamed veggies, toast and thin slices of tomato, hard boiled egg, cheese cubes..
  • @Mama_Kat; That's for honey baked in the personal kitchen (i.e. you putting honey as an ingredient in a cake). I don't think that refers to commercial foods with honey as a by-product, since they use such high heats during the cooking process.
  • French toast sticks, grilled cheese, dora cereal, shredded cheese, spaghetti oh's, mac and cheese, cheese burger, fries, strawberries, lunch meat sandwich, goldfish crackers, cereal bars, fruit salad, burritos, beans and rice, puffs, .. i can't think of anymore right now lol
  • @mommylovessparkle they make a Dora cereal???
  • edited September 2012
    @morgDeeBee yup it's little stars that are cinnamon flavored they're pretty good lol
  • WIC told me not even commercial products, like Honey Teddy Grahams for example, but they may just be overprotective..not sure. @mijita @mama_kat
  • I think they said the Honey Teddy Grahams because of the sugar and it being highly processed. Seriously doubt it has anything to do with the honey. That would be a big liability for the company. Also, they would have a disclaimer/warning on the package if they felt the honey would pose an issue to infants.
  • Yeah, it was on a poster in my wic office though along with a bunch of other honey products. It said No honey for baby under 1 year and listed a bunch of stuff. Weird. I wouldn't have that that either. After reading @mama_Kat 's article about honey I doubt any of them even have REAL honey in them to begin with! Lol @mijita
  • Ah lol I didnt open this before posting about food for a one year old. My dr. said no peanuts before 2 years old :/ though
  • @Wilsomom; This is news to me. I will humbly stand corrected, although in my graduate studies I read differently. Mind you it was within the last two years, but things change. :p