12month olds...what do they eat?

edited September 2012 in Babies Health
Gray had his 9 mo check up today and the dr. said to start feeding him soft finger foods and then at 12 mo he will be off formula. I know I probably sound dumb but I cant picture feeding him anything besides the bottle and baby food. I am completely paranoid about choking and I gave him puffs today but let them sit in water to soften up first :( I know im a nut! So what is a daily menu like for your 12 month old?

Comments

• My son never liked baby food to much he ate it for a month then he stopped eating so I started giving him what ever we ate if it was soft just super small pieces I started mostly with pasta chicken veggies and fruite for awhile. Now he eats anything he feeds himself and takes bites out of mostly anything and he only has 2 teeth. He will be 1 on Saturday. Oh and he's only chocked 2 times but that's because he stuffed his mouth.
  • He still gets bottles and drinks out a sippy
  • I would give my lo anything soft like mashed potatoes and other stuff...i was giving her chicken.and meats as Long as i cut it up small
  • Small peices of everythang we eat crumbled up hamburger meat, all kinds of pasta, scrambled eggs,peas macaroni an cheese watever u eat jus put in tiny peices an see how he does
  • edited September 2012
    Cheese, bread, fruits, veggies, yogurt, chicken, fish, eggs, pasta. Just about anything in small pieces. Does your lo have teeth?
  • My son eats everything I eat but nuts.
  • Jack is almost 11 months and has been eating what we eat since 9 months
  • Thanks everyone I dont know why im scared for him to eat..i think Im more scared of me not being around and my mil thinking he can eat anything and him choking. He has three front bottom and almost all four front top teeth @ezrasmommy
  • He has more than my son lol. He'll be fine mama
  • Wait...babies are supposed to eat?!

;)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My kids were same as @homebirthadvocate. They ate everything we did.
  • Everything we do... And he has actually had stuff with peanuts and shell fish... He accidently had homemade BBQ sauce that was made with honey also... Was concerned from that but he was ok!!
  • @angie87 How does he bite with only 2 teeth??
  • @aishamusa they will gum it. Lol
  • @EzrasMommy Didn't know that was possible :-?
  • Lol @captivated im just super paranoid about choking!! Ive been thinking of taking a class to learn cpr and stuff to ease my mind.
  • @aishamusa he gums it down you'll be surprised what they can bite threw with no teeth