Gluclose Test at 15 weeks???

edited March 2011 in Health
My doctor had me schedule my gluclose tolerance test in 2 weeks, and I'll only be 15 weeks at that point. This is my 3rd kid so I know its normal to do it later in pregnancy. They even gave me a paper when I scheduled it saying they do the test around 27-28 weeks. I dont know why he wants me to do it so early (i should have just asked!) but I was wondering if anyone else did it this early. Im thinking maybe he saw something my other bloodwork that might have been off so he wants to do it early?? I dont know!

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Mine will be early as well, but diabetes runs in my family so I am higher risk for it and my baby may fine early since I am high risk for preterm labor. Were any of your babies early?? Have you had diabetes?? Only reasons I can think of.
  • I had to do mine at 8 weeks cuz my blood work came back a lil above normal. I tried to explain that i had a big breakfast right before going into the office but they wanted to be safe. So I did mine at 8 weeks and everything turned out to be normal.
  • My first 2 daughters were full term. My dad does have diabetes though so maybe that's why. Im thinking it has to be that or my blood work. I guess theres really no harm in getting it done early so its better to be safe. Thanks for the input ladies!
  • My Dr. had me do the 1 hour glucose tolerance test at 18 weeks. It was just precautionary because my BMI is high.
  • Well I had one last appt at 13 wks. Why? Because not oonly am I 50 lbs heavier than I used to be, and in the last 2 pregnancies, but GD also runs rampant through our family. So therefore my weoight and fam tells them I am likely to have GD. Just precautions