Reoccuring fever? (Long)

edited September 2012 in Babies Health
Friday night madison (12 m) had a fever of 102.8, i gave tylenol and advil but it stayed at 100, saturday morning I called doc and they said to wait it out and if it got worse to call. I called saturday night because madison would not calm down, they said switch between tylenol and advil every 3 hours and I had an apptointment for today. After a super long night she went through today without a fever so we skipped the appt, she was feeling warm just a minute ago and it's 102.8 again! Really?

This is the first time she's sick and I have no idea what it could be, she has 6 teeth and didnt have a fever through any of them. Is it viral and I just need to suck it up? She has no other symptoms but is obviously uncomortable. Please help

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Kaylee had been running a fever for 2 days and I was rotating between tylenol and motrin. I finally took her to the doctor after it got to 103 and found out that it was an ear infection. Everyone kept asking me had she been pulling at her ears but I didn't see her do it once. That was Kaylee's first time being sick also. She's 13m btw. Make her another appt!
  • @mama_kat
    @tootie08
    Thanks! I will call in the morning :) she hasnt messed with her ears but I've semi
    been thinking its that
  • Awww I hope she starts feeling better soon! Update after her appt.
  • If the fever hasn't gone away by now, it indicates a bacterial infection rather than viral which means baby needs an antibiotic. I agree with ear infection or something like strep.
  • Mi daughter had a double ear infection and never once pulled her ears. I would take her in just to make sure.
  • Ooh no :( Poor thing. The first time is the worst my daughter got sick for first time last mouth when she was 8 months old. I think that if it's going on multiple days I would have her looked at but most likely of its not ear they will just give anti biotics anyway to be safe then sorry. If she gets a rash kinda looking thing then it's roseola that's what my Lo got and had same symptoms. Good luck!
  • We have been dealing with fever this weekend. talked back and forth with the er hotline nurse (I'm out of town this weekend) and she finally said to come in when it wouldn't stay under 101. Double ear infection. after 1 full day of meds, fever is still hovering around 102. Get her checked out! :)
  • @mama_kat @jules @tootie08 @captivated @morgdeebee @jules @owensmommy1213 she isnt running a fever this morning and is acting fine, i havent given tylenol since 2 am, should i still call?
  • I would just to be safe, my daughter has a tendency to run a little fever later in the day of she is sick but fine in the morning. I always think its better to be safe then.sorry.
  • Yes call anyway so she can get checked out
  • It's your call but my opinion is of she went all night without medicine and woke up just fine there is no reason to call. Only because if u say she is acting fine there is no fever I mean there is nothing they can do. They will just say well sounds like she had little bug. But if it makes u feel better call the nurse and see what she says.