nap time completely turned upside down

edited October 2012 in Sleep
So we were doing well with nap time, granted she was taking it in her swing, but she was sleeping at least 2 hours in it. Well all of the sudden one day last week she has refused to sleep in it, she cries and cries and pulls her hair out. So we have been putting her in her carseat cause she doesn't go to sleep well on her own, she was when she was in her swing, but not now, so I can't just lay her in her crib. How do I get her to take her 2-3 hour nap in her crib? She is almost 11 months old.

Comments

• i had that issue with my dd.she would only sleep in her swing till one day she got ouf of the straps and climbed out and i was forced to put her in her crib.i would just wear her out and as soon as she dozed off id lay her in her crib the first week was tough id let her cry for a few minutes eventually she would be so tired and knock out
  • I rock Jack to sleep then lay him down. He's 11 months and takes 2 1 1/2-2 hour naps daily
  • @mybambina28 I would let her cio but 1) I don't last that long and 2) she seems to wake up the more she cries instead of getting tired.
    @sands3 yea she wants nothing to do with cuddling. I have tried to just stand there, swaying back and forth and she squirms and tries to sit up as much as possible.
  • maybe teething or an ear infection?
  • @mybambina28 she has always been like that and teething usually doesn't bother her, when I know its getting ready tp break through I give her some teething tablets and we are good to go.
  • Omg 2-3 hour naps? lucky you! I'm not sure how to fix your problem though I just nurse to sleep for naps
  • my dd is the same way until they were coming in 4 at a time then she was hysterical
  • Are you waiting until she's really sleepy before you put her in the crib??
  • @heyitsme lol thanks. I usually nurse to sleep at bedtime.
    @mybambina28 holy crap! Um..yea, I think I would be hysterical too!
    @starrxoxo9 yes, we have before. I have stopped trying. She can be totally asleep and still wake up being layed in her crib.