ear infections

edited October 2012 in Babies Health
What med did your babies dr prescribe for ear infection, did it work?? Have u been sent to an ent?? What was the outcome??

Comments

• Amoxicillin and 2the other antibiotics. They said the "rule" is 4 or 6 ear infections in 6 months then see ENT...this is our 5th one. We follow up 4 wks after antibiotics if she has fluid in her ears we see ENT
  • Hmm my lo has had 3 in the past 1 1/2 mos not sure we are completely getting rid of it we have been on amoxicillin and cefdinir we have an appt thurs with ent just wondered everyone elses experiences or opinions thanks @arysmommy1116
  • Jack has his first now in both ears. They gave amox. Just started it today so hopefully it'll kick in soon
  • @sands poor baby i hope it works soon and he gets relief and u too mama!! Thanks!
  • Levi had an ear infection 2 weeks ago was subscribed amox for 10 days. He just went back in yesterday and still had one and was subscribed augmentin so hoping it works!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Sidney has only had one, and it was a double ear infection. They have her amoxicillian. It cleared it up very well.
  • edited October 2012
    Xavier just got tubs for his ears today because of ear infections we seemed to have him in doctors every other week they finally sent us to an ent after i changed doctors( i had a lot of problems with his first doctor )this one said any more then 3 in 4 months was to much. He had been on so many antibiotics it was ridiculous. Really hoping these tubs help.
  • Jaksyn is allergic to penicillin and all of those related medicines so he always gets zythromyacin and it works great for him.
  • @rileyandme he can also be teething. My friends lo would walk around with his fingers in his ears so she took him to the doc and he said it was just teething.

Trixie had a double ear infection at 4 months, she was prescribed amox and hasn't had any problems since. Hope your lo feels better soon!
  • @everyone thanks for the input, i havent been on in the past few days sorry.. we went to the ent yesterday we are gonna try another round of amoxil then recheck in 2wks hopefully it will be better thanks ladies..(which no infection she did have clear fluid present and slightly red)